LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox And CPS3

Flintz

5 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I didn't read this all yet but I wanted to clarify something you do not need a .bat file to run these games with the CPS3 emulator. You simply have to set it up like this and it should work assuming you have the correct ROM files.cps_Emulator Details.JPG

Ok, I'll give this a shot!

Should I copy the roms over to LB or use them at their current location?

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

I always leave my ROMs where they are that is where the emulator looks for them by default in most arcade situations.

I actually got it working!!  Thanks so much!!

Now, how do I configure the controls?  It won't let me do so unless a game is running.  Then when I do, it freezes.  Weird...

@Flintz to set up controllers you must do it in game, make sure your controller is connected, open up emulator.exe then go emulator tab and load rom see screenshotUntitled.pngonce game has launched press the escape button this will minimise Capcom Play System 3 Emulator now click on game tab and then Controller config which will open up this windowUntitled1.png

now click on each entry and press corresponding key on controller, remember controller must be connected otherwise emulator exe is liable to freeze.

@DOS76 Thanks for easier way to launch roms  I've always being using the bat method for this emulator now i finally can get rid of using them, added bonus now it will close using the esc key instead of having to alt+f4. still learning new things LOL.

2 hours ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Flintz to set up controllers you must do it in game, make sure your controller is connected, open up emulator.exe then go emulator tab and load rom see screenshotUntitled.pngonce game has launched press the escape button this will minimise Capcom Play System 3 Emulator now click on game tab and then Controller config which will open up this windowUntitled1.png

now click on each entry and press corresponding key on controller, remember controller must be connected otherwise emulator exe is liable to freeze.

@DOS76 Thanks for easier way to launch roms  I've always being using the bat method for this emulator now i finally can get rid of using them, added bonus now it will close using the esc key instead of having to alt+f4. still learning new things LOL.

So THAT'S what happened to me. I don't believe my controller was initially connected through Bluetooth before I opened up the emulator. I'll make sure I do that before opening it. 

Thanks again @Maddoc1007 for all the help!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

is anyone know the coolpipes video tutorial for cps 3 with rocket launcher to launchbox i followed the video corectly but when i try to launch my games through launchbox i get an error from rocket laucher emulator not found it gives me a rocket launcher path and says configure the emulator.ini to know where to look for i dont know what to do pls help me somone