LaunchBox Community Forums

Move text in mainscreen

romkilla

My advice would be to check out the big box theme tutorials on YouTube. It talks you through using visual studio to amend the files. That coupled with the PDF documentation file in the root of the launch box themes folder should be all you need to get started. 

Moving that text and reformatting is done by modifying the grid layout of the view, in this case the vertical wheel one so the tutorial on images and grids will be the one you need but I would advise starting at the beginning with the tutorials - there aren't that many and you'll get through them in a couple of hours. The most time consuming bit is actually installing visual studio community (which is free) as it takes a while to install. 

Good luck 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shro2016 said:

My advice would be to check out the big box theme tutorials on YouTube. It talks you through using visual studio to amend the files. That coupled with the PDF documentation file in the root of the launch box themes folder should be all you need to get started. 

Moving that text and reformatting is done by modifying the grid layout of the view, in this case the vertical wheel one so the tutorial on images and grids will be the one you need but I would advise starting at the beginning with the tutorials - there aren't that many and you'll get through them in a couple of hours. The most time consuming bit is actually installing visual studio community (which is free) as it takes a while to install. 

Good luck 

With all due respect, what may seem easy for some is not easy for all. I have now idea what half of what u said even meant, grid layout etc. But its fine better peeps than me have already done the hard work for me, and I THANK them hugely. keep doing what you do peeps.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the quick replies. I will ask the dev of the theme(have to find THE one) if he can mod  the code for me and i will also watch the video an try to learn what is it about.

I'm french so i need to translate and sometimes it's a little bit complicated.

Again thank you and congratulation to everyone working on this amazing software

1 minute ago, shro2016 said:

Granted, most of what I put probably made no sense to me either a month ago but it is surprisingly straight forward once you have viewed the tutorials but appreciate this is not for everyone.  

Yeah no disrespect intended, just saying another theme may be better for you.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

...try looking at the theme download section, and see if anything takes your fancy.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/2-big-box-custom-themes/

I second this. The themes are really easy to install and you're likely to find one that suits yours needs. I like tinkering with XAML but it's not for everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shro2016 said:

Granted, most of what I put probably made no sense to me either a month ago but it is surprisingly straight forward once you have viewed the tutorials but appreciate this is not for everyone.  

Thank you for the advice. I think i get it  :)

Will make some adjustements now.

Merci beaucoup :D

Capture1.PNG

• Like 3