LaunchBox Community Forums

[Forums] Support tab disappeared?

8bitsdeep

Not sure where to post this.

I purchased a Forever-Updates License last Saturday after hearing a lot of great things about Big Box. Unfortunately, I had no idea the memory footprint would be so big, even before adding more than a handful of games. I saw on the forums the devs seem very friendly and offer refunds to people when the product doesn't work out for them.  I first requested a refund through the Contact Us link in the site footer. Shortly after that, I noticed there was a support tab on the forums which seemed built for refund requests, so I submitted a request there as well, which opened a support ticket.

It's been almost a week now with no reply. I can understand that, since they seem to be a small staff. However, when I checked on my ticket today, I can't even access it. The support tab is missing and I've no way to check it.

I'm a bit weirded out now.  Anyone know what's going on?

I know Launchbox isn't exactly light on the memory usage but just out of curiosity how little memory does your system have that it is a problem ?

Are you experiencing serious performance issues ?

What are your systems specs ?

We have forum threads about performance and tweaks you can make to help out like this one here:

Like I state in that thread I use LB on a shitty 10 year old PC in an HTPC setup which only has 2 gigs of ram and with some tweaks LB runs perfectly fine.

Sorry for that @8bitsdeep. To be completely honest it wasn't being monitored well like I thought it was, so I thought it best to take it down for now. Support is always available via Contact Us at the bottom of the page, or by email at support@launchbox-app.com. It's odd that we haven't responded; I don't know, maybe it ended up in a spam filter somehow. Very sorry for that. Anyhow, I'm happy to send you a refund. Refund is on its way shortly.

2 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

I know Launchbox isn't exactly light on the memory usage but just out of curiosity how little memory does your system have that it is a problem ?

Are you experiencing serious performance issues ?

What are your systems specs ?

We have forum threads about performance and tweaks you can make to help out like this one here:

Like I state in that thread I use LB on a shitty 10 year old PC in an HTPC setup which only has 2 gigs of ram and with some tweaks LB runs perfectly fine.

My PC is pretty decent. i5, GTX970, 8GB RAM, was still getting stuttering when scrolling through a small library of just a few dozen games. ~400MB of RAM used. I forget what the layout was exactly but it was the one where you flip through the games' boxart like cards.

I appreciate the thought, but don't worry about it. I just don't think LB is for me. I'm coming from EmulationStation, so it seems like a lot of extra stuff that I'm never gonna use.  I've already got an Attract Mode frontend mostly setup that I'm very happy with, using 10% of the RAM LB was.  (Not as easy to configure though.)

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Odd. I did a bit more research into this. For whatever stupid reason, the support@launchbox-app.com email was only properly forwarding to our inbox half of the time it seems, ugh. I have no idea why, but I better look into it. Sorry for the trouble again @8bitsdeep and thanks for pointing it out.

No worries! Refund receieved.  Best of luck going forward!

Well if you want help to troubleshoot some performance issues with Launchbox we're more than willing to help out here because with your system you should be able to run it smoothly even if it needs a couple of small tweaks or just a few minutes to allow for image caching.

The ram usage alone shouldn't be a reason to bail out on a program unless it is causing major issues with your system. Like I said in the forum post I linked about performance I run LB on an old system with only 2 gigs of ram and it runs just fine with some tweaks.

My main system isn't far off of your system, AMD 8350 instead of an i5 and 16 gigs of ram instead of 8 and same video card and Launchbox is butter smooth for me.

• Like 1