LaunchBox Community Forums

matt_cece

I found a couple YouTube videos about this. The most recent one (from December 2016) was also using RocketLauncher which I got away from when I transitioned my emulators from HyperSpin to LaunchBox so I won't be using this method myself. I was thinking about adding SCUMMVM to my LaunchBox this weekend so I was starting to research the issues and quirks... should be interesting. Here's the video if you want to tackle it with RL:

6 hours ago, snarfo67 said:

I found a couple YouTube videos about this. The most recent one (from December 2016) was also using RocketLauncher which I got away from when I transitioned my emulators from HyperSpin to LaunchBox so I won't be using this method myself. I was thinking about adding SCUMMVM to my LaunchBox this weekend so I was starting to research the issues and quirks... should be interesting. Here's the video if you want to tackle it with RL:

I made that video. As far as I know, this is the only way currently to add all Scummvm roms at once, but I hear you about trying to get away from RL. For me though, there are still too many benefits to using it to give it up just yet.

48 minutes ago, jaythompson said:

I made that video. As far as I know, this is the only way currently to add all Scummvm roms at once, but I hear you about trying to get away from RL. For me though, there are still too many benefits to using it to give it up just yet.

It's a good video! I'll probably just end up adding them one at a time and tweak along the way which of course will be a lot more painful than your method. I had a harder time giving up RocketLauncher than HyperSpin tbh, but I'm trying to keep the HTPC with BigBox as simple as possible. I admit I miss the RL pause and fades and such, though.

I just went through this, so I created my own way of doing it.  Its not super fancy but its working well for my purpose.  BB has art and videos for majority of my games.  Maybe it will help.

NEW LAUNCHER SYSTEM:  

Old launcher system (python based)

Edited by epicfail