LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 Per Game Configs Done Easy w/ Spectabis

Lordmonkus

Yes per game configs have been possible with PCSX2 but always been a pain in the ass. Spectabis makes this so much easier now.

The user by the name of FaithLV over at http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Spectabis-Frontend-reworked-111 made frontend for PCSX2 which allows for custom configs per game. Here is a link to the current version as of this post https://github.com/Spectabis/WPF_Spectabis/releases/tag/1.0.2-hotfix

Download and install it and set it up by importing your games which is extremely quick and painless. Within Spectabis you can edit each games settings and this will generate a profile for that game. Once you have your games configured how you want in Spectabis you will then want to add Spectabis as an emulator to Launchbox, this will become your PS2 emulator and not PCSX2 even though you will be using PSCX2. Spectabis is more of a middle ware in this process but it all works just fine from my quick testing.

In the emulator settings window you will want to enable "Use file name only"

2017-02-04 13_34_44-Edit Emulator.jpgIn the Associated Platforms tab you will want to set the Platform to Sony Playstation 2 like any other emulator and the command line parameter will be

2017-02-04 13_34_54-Edit Emulator.jpgKeep in mind this is a new feature to Spectabis just added because of requests made in this thread on /r/emulation

I have only done quick testing on a single game so far but I really wanted to share this quickly with you guys and I will do more testing but I really don't expect any issues with it other than maybe a bug in Spectabis itself.

• Like 5

Now that I have had lunch and settling in to do some further testing I have run into the first thing to really watch out for which is your rom file name in Launchbox needs to match up with the profile name.

As an example the rom name Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga (USA).iso is no good because of the (USA) in the name because Spectabis uses the profile name Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga.

The easiest workaround at the moment is to rename the profile folder to match the name of the rom you have imported into Launchbox. These profile folders are found within \Spectabis\resources\configs\.

• Like 1

Thank the developer FaithLV, they did all the work :)

The best tips after spending some time with the program today is to make sure the profile folders match your rom names after importing them into Spectabis and be sure to actually edit a games config in Spectabis itself by turning on Fullscreen and No Graphical Interface. If you don't make at least one change PCSX2 won't fully exit out when closing a game when running through Launchbox.

Very minor things.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, AGEE1981 said:

Good stuff, will likely not use this myself since I have a pretty nifty all round config (and only have a select few games for the system) that serves me well. Will keep this in mind in the future though when my collection grows :)

I was the same I have a good setup but this makes it easy and organised to keep the problem games set up 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/4/2017 at 6:40 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Yes per game configs have been possible with PCSX2 but always been a pain in the ass. Spectabis makes this so much easier now.

The user by the name of FaithLV over at http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Spectabis-Frontend-reworked-111 made frontend for PCSX2 which allows for custom configs per game. Here is a link to the current version as of this post https://github.com/Spectabis/WPF_Spectabis/releases/tag/1.0.2-hotfix

Download and install it and set it up by importing your games which is extremely quick and painless. Within Spectabis you can edit each games settings and this will generate a profile for that game. Once you have your games configured how you want in Spectabis you will then want to add Spectabis as an emulator to Launchbox, this will become your PS2 emulator and not PCSX2 even though you will be using PSCX2. Spectabis is more of a middle ware in this process but it all works just fine from my quick testing.

In the emulator settings window you will want to enable "Use file name only"

2017-02-04 13_34_44-Edit Emulator.jpgIn the Associated Platforms tab you will want to set the Platform to Sony Playstation 2 like any other emulator and the command line parameter will be

2017-02-04 13_34_54-Edit Emulator.jpgKeep in mind this is a new feature to Spectabis just added because of requests made in this thread on /r/emulation

I have only done quick testing on a single game so far but I really wanted to share this quickly with you guys and I will do more testing but I really don't expect any issues with it other than maybe a bug in Spectabis itself.

Love launchbox my first ever post I have copied the settings to add spectabis to launchbox as shown above however all I’m getting is spectabis starting up in its main menu and not the game which has already been setup and running through spectabis fine also the esc key doesn’t exit from it

what am I missing sorry if it’s something simple I’m what you would call a noob

thanks for any help given

• 1 year later...

hi thanks for you guide, i configured everuthing. I have only a question: i mapped the EXIT command in Launch Box with L2+R2 button on my Logitech pad. It works perfectly with all emulators, but if I run Spectabis it doesn't work. I can't exit from a running game... how can i solve this little issue?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...