LaunchBox Community Forums

Note about latest Avast antivirus and Retroarch

Crush

Today i installed the latest Avast update (prog + virus definitions). Since then, whenever i start a game in Launchbox which is setup to run under Retroarch, it starts in Paused mode!

I checked the console and i noticed that Retroarch can't write on the History file (supported by Retroarch 1.41) because it is blocked by Avast.

The solution to this is to run Retroarch As Admin, or to Exclude the Retroarch folder from Avast.

It is also a good idea to scan both Retroarch & Launchbox folders so Avast marks all .exe and .dll as safe.

Edited by Crush
  • Like 3

For me it was not just enough to exclude Retroarch and Launchbox from Avast.

It seems that Avast now has a some sort of overhauled and improved Game detection mode or whatever we want to call it. Which automatically detects Retroarch and Launchbox as Gaming Apps. Which ironically screws things up however. xD

I played around with Avast's Gaming Mode settings and the settings according to the attached screenshot did the trick at least for me. Hope it helps, cheers.

Avast-Settings.PNG

Edited by IlhanK