LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Dreamcast - Demul & NullDC FU!!

ResidentEvul13

for over  a  week i have tested, installed, redid, started over, process of elimination etc and I just don't get it!

when i first started using demul through lb it worked great! now I can't get it to boot any game but gta2! I mean wtf?! 

ive deleted all old copies I had installed new copies... configured correctly yet still it only plays gta2 no matter what game i pick!

nulldc is just as annoying... my favorite system of all time and like sega saturn emu I can't get it working...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

8 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

Are your demul settings set up properly? Do you have the proper default command line set up?

In this image the only line that matters in this case is the Dreamcast line. Make sure the Associated Platform Name matches your platform name as well.  it still tries to boot gta2 when i pick any game! just zip ur entire folder to me man without games lol seems like only damn way ill have a working setup.

X6izYgt.png

Here are my Demul settings as well:

pAGjpGE.png

gYCVGV0.png

Before I only had dreamcast added to commands with no lines... now set up same as yours and it doesn't open at all just flashes a small black box really fast then back to launchbox! I am thinking our folders are not set the same way or i am missing something geez

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by ResidentEvul13
more info

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Yeah sounds like that disc is good and your other rips aren't that is the only thing I can think of.

they all came from same place.. i use this source for most of my roms and rank it high over any other site... how the hell did i get 26 bad cdi files and only gta2 work... cause when i first used it over a week ago every game tested and ran perfectly...

Maybe they are corrupted then I don't know your settings look right and it is loading the one game if you are getting that screen it is launching the emu its telling you it doesn't recognize the disc. Try changing your disc plugin to gdrimage Is GTA2 a cdi file or a different type and that is why it works? I don't use the same settings as Brad I use the other disc plug in in Demul and in LB under manage emulator I use the No space checkbox in Demul for DC and then for the Arcade stuff I name the emulator Demul [Arcade] in LB and point it to the same exe as DC but then check No Space use file name only and Attempt to hide console window. Its possible the chd plugin doesn't support cdi extension. I'm not sure but try those changes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

Maybe they are corrupted then I don't know your settings look right and it is loading the one game if you are getting that screen it is launching the emu its telling you it doesn't recognize the disc. Try changing your disc plugin to gdrimage Is GTA2 a cdi file or a different type and that is why it works? I don't use the same settings as Brad I use the other disc plug in in Demul and in LB under manage emulator I use the No space checkbox in Demul for DC and then for the Arcade stuff I name the emulator Demul [Arcade] in LB and point it to the same exe as DC but then check No Space use file name only and Attempt to hide console window. Its possible the chd plugin doesn't support cdi extension. I'm not sure but try those changes

they are all bad because i didn't keep them in original extracted folder... gta2 slipped through.. ive tested new downloads and all load just perfect because i load them from their original folders with all files inside... now I have new issue, it will load .cdi files but it won't even show the iso files in folder when i try to load them... do i have to extract each iso into a folder just to load its .cdi file? seems lame

• 10 months later...