LaunchBox Community Forums

[REQUEST] Confirm on Exit in BigBox?

ScottGotRekt

Hello again,

I was wondering if there was any chance that a feature like this could be implemented? I have bound my controller touchpad (PS4) to ESC when firmly pressed to get back into the BigBox menu, problem is sometimes my finger slips and it exits a game I haven't saved in a while... 

Is this something that must be done inside the emulator's own settings? Or could one be added to BigBox to stop clumsy people like myself losing hours worth of game time?

Thanks.

Hello there, you're right a lot of them don't actually have that option, however when you hit ESC or exit an emulator such as ePSXe on accident you can still go to File > Resume which obviously is not currently possible through BigBox as it closes both the game and the emulator entirely.

I shall put a request through now, this feature for me will make a big difference, I would like to easily back out of games on the couch but not accidentally hit the button and lose game progress. 

Thanks. (Couldn't see the issues/request button on the mobile site, whoops!)

While you wait.... " I would like to easily back out of games on the couch but not accidentally hit the button and lose game progress."

A few of us here use "start + select" to exit emulators and games etc. Accidentally hitting both those buttons is probably not gonna happen. Can set it in automation options in LB.... Ignore me if I'm waffling.

• Like 1

Just now, jayjay said:

While you wait.... " I would like to easily back out of games on the couch but not accidentally hit the button and lose game progress."

A few of us here use "start + select" to exit emulators and games etc. Accidentally hitting both those buttons is probably not gonna happen. Can set it in automation options in LB.... Ignore me if I'm waffling.

I was looking for this type of solution also! Because in retroarch you can set that as well as L3+R3 to back out, however I couldn't see the option in LB, could you tell me what I need to do? This could be a life saver!

The issues/request should be in the header of the site if your resolution isn't what it wants it will put the header in a little menu box on the upper right corner if you are using the dark theme on the forum the menu box doesn't work so you will have to use you ctrl - to get it to show if you are on the light theme the box should work or it should just be listed in the header.