LaunchBox Community Forums

Advice switching from hyperspin

wemr97dl

5 minutes ago, wemr97dl said:

Still the same wont launch from rocket launcher either, ill try downloading a new mame

Well, with all due respect that is your issue. if they don't launch there they wont launch in launchbox either. Do you know what romset you have, what version of mame are you using? They should match. Personally I am very happy with 0.183 and will never be changing roms or emus.

7 minutes ago, wemr97dl said:

Mame 158, that is  the one i was using and they are all launching fine on the old setup, just copied the entire emulator file over to the new drive and setup rocketlauncher the same , no go I'll figure it out

Well with all due respect, something is a bit iffy there. Is the old setup on a different system/drive?

It's on a different drive, just got a new i5 computer with windows 10 but I have the drive hooked up and the games all run from it. It's hyperspin with rocket launcher. I've tried more games and some do work but some are mixed up, the artwork doesn't match the rom, didn't take any notes but one under daphne is something else but started the space ace game intro but no game just the sound I'll try it again today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok all seems well now, Copied my full rom set and are running the games from that file, not sure what was wrong, but they seem ok now, just wondering was looking at lightspeed and was thinking of using the all killer option, has anyone used that to import to cut out some games??

Ok, does anyone know how to set up multiple controls in retroarch for an arcade cabinet?? I run an ipac4 for my regular controls and use them for any older systems that play well using them , but just imported Playstation using retroarch, and cannot find or figure out how to use 4 xbox controlers. Retroarch will not let me map Player 1 its always my ipac that shows up in port0? Is there a way to change the port assignments per core? without having to unplug things from the USB?

Edited by wemr97dl

Overrides or custom configs would solve this. You don't have to assign the buttons, but you do need to change the device index. With the core loaded up, go to the configurations menu item on the first tab and select "save new config". I puts that in your RetroArch/configs folder. Copy the name, including .cfg, and go to the associated platforms page for RetroArch. Find the line that you want to edit, and after the -L command, put -c "config\config_name_.cfg". Make sure there's a space after the -L command and that the -c is lower case. Then, when you load up any games for that system it will then load the custom config. Load a game from that system and make your changes.

I'm running through rocket launcher so not sure how to do it, if I set up the Xbox controllers I tried to save it but when I loaded a sega genesis game the controls were still Xbox not my arcade controls? If I install another retro arch and rename it say retro arch X controls and call that exe would that work??

40 minutes ago, wemr97dl said:

I'm running through rocket launcher so not sure how to do it, if I set up the Xbox controllers I tried to save it but when I loaded a sega genesis game the controls were still Xbox not my arcade controls? If I install another retro arch and rename it say retro arch X controls and call that exe would that work??

Yeah that should work fine, I actually do it for PSX as I could never get my psx setup correctly in my standard retroarch config. So I just downloaded another retroarch and renamed the folder Retroarch PSX and added it to launchbox as another emulator.

I'm still finding issues with my mame import There are alot of hack's Ms pacman is only the speed hack, pacman will not run from launchbox, but will from Rocket Launcher, and when it does its also a speed hack?? i know i didnt want any hacks, If i was to import mame again should i delete all the games already in launchbox first or import over them?