LaunchBox Community Forums

Advice switching from hyperspin

wemr97dl

OK, go to tools, options, updates, check the update to beta releases. Close launchbox and reopen, you should be prompted to update to the latest beta. Bare in mind though that it is a beta, it should be fine but could include bugs. Otherwise you will have to wait for the next official release which is currently scheduled for sometime next week.

32 minutes ago, wemr97dl said:

Imported my full mame set used all the default filters, got all the filtered lists but trying random games some are playing others just start and nothing, all were working on my old setup? Should i import them again with different settings??

Are they working in just mame? If they are working in mame there is no reason why they wouldn't also work through launchbox. Either all would work or none of them would, I cant think of a reason why some would work and others wouldn't.

26 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

Some of them might not work if you grabbed a broken set, or downloaded 1 game at a time and missed some parent roms or bios.

Yeah after righting that I did think about bios, but if everything was working ok in his previous setup they should still work now. He hasn't replied yet so its either working or REALLY NOT, so I'm sure we will here either way. :) 

7 minutes ago, wemr97dl said:

No still having issues not sure if I should reimport or not, it took hours for the data scrap don't want to do that again right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you were to re-import, you would turn off all the data scraping, all that is already downloaded from the previous import, and will speed up the import hugely!!