LaunchBox Community Forums

getting 3DNES working on Launchbox

ajaxxx

Hello everyone, Im new to Launchbox. I managed to get an SNES and a MAME arcade running but I cant get 3DNES to load games for some reason.

Official site ---> https://geod.itch.io/3dnes

When I click on the game to play it, (mega man 3 in my case) it takes me to the load screen on 3DNES. It will run the game if I load it manually from the program.

Ive posted screenshots of my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Well, my first guess is it doesn't like loading through the command line, it wants to be driven by it's UI. So looking up and finding if it has a command line paramter would be where I would start, or if there is an option in it's options menu. For example, even though CEMU emulates one system (the Wii U), it needs the -f command for it to play games through LaunchBox. So if it has command line documentation that would be a good place to start.

• 1 month later...

Ok rewrite of post, managed to locate command line parameter for you:

3dnes --r=SMB.nes

where SMB.nes is the location to the rom path. So basically after browsing for the emulator, place --r= and then the path to the rom file after it.

Hope this helps

Edited by AGEE1981

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

been wanting this in my launchbox for ages, so after reading this thread i searched for the emulator and found the PRO version that is usually $5 on sale for $2 in a bundle with other games on a site that is like Humble Bundle, not only do you get a direct download it also gives you an activation key so you can add it to your itch.io account too.

I'm not sure about the rules on here but if its allowed and someone wants the link to the bundle just ask and I'll post it.

• 5 years later...