LaunchBox Community Forums

A couple small questions

jayray442

I have been tidying up my roms using the combined games and also hide roms. First question is there any way to show only games that have other roms combined with them? Also was wandering if i ever had to re import all my roms will these setting be retained or will have to go back through them all again. Last question when you delete a rom in launchbox , if you try and reinstall it it doesnt import is that becasue it know you already deleted it? Thanks for all the help i love launchbox.

• Like 1

There really isn't a way, at least currently, to show a list of games that have been combined. This would be a good field for the Audit feature though, so feel free to request that by clicking Issues/Requests at the top of the page.

If you re-import games and use the auto-combination, then the games will re-combine based on what LaunchBox sees. If you remove the games you'll have to re-do things like playlists (unless automatically populated), favorites and anything you had to manually do that LaunchBox doesn't do.

When you delete a game in LaunchBox, it only removes the game from your platform and removes the info on the backend. You can also turn on the option to delete the rom file associated with it as well. It's an optional setting that will ask you after you press yes to remove if you want it to remove the file too. If you re-import that same game though, it should go trough just fine. The only time LaunchBox wont import a game is if the exact file is already located in your LaunchBox library. So if you removed half of a platforms games, then ran the import for that platform, it will import the games that aren't currently imported.

If you need more help feel free to ask!

Just to add to this.... Your 1st question as Brad said, no not at the moment, but that's a good bitbucket request feel free. 2nd Question, if you just decided to "HIDE" your roms, then that is all they are hidden, but still available. If you decided to re-import (which sounds like you are edging towards) then everything will re-import, but you can specify a different import process. (For example only originals, originals and clones..etc...) 3rd question, just use the "Scan for added Roms" which is under the tools menu.

Just to let you know i found a way to get a list of what roms are combined. All you have to do is audit this platforms roms, then sort by the column that says additional apps. Then you can see how many total combined roms there are also rom many roms combind with each one.

• Like 1