LaunchBox Community Forums

Having problems with Project64 & PPSSPP

Beastachu

8 minutes ago, ckp said:

i'm not by my LB right now, but aren't n64 roms in .zip format?

they can be either or, I just personally prefer to have them in either .n64 or .z64 formats on my computer

6 minutes ago, ckp said:

are you running project64.exe as admin by any chance?

Normally not, I just tried it after you mentioned it & no change

Well, however you construct your command line to launch the n64 game with project64.exe, it should work in LB if you make sure the command example looks the same in the emulator edit window. So, I'd suggest you try to launch a n64 game from command line to see if that works and then match it to LB.

Edited by ckp

you might also try going to  the edit game window and browsing for the actual rom even though it's filled out anyway, find your rom , select it, and ok out of the window and try it. this will ensure the game and path is right just in case something got messed up.

Hi @Beastachu

All of your settings look ok.
Project64 game launching works in LaunchBox for me, but I'm using the older 1.6 version.
You may have to wait for someone who has your version of Project64 actually working (launching games) in LaunchBox to come along. Sorry I couldn't be of help.

1 hour ago, Beastachu said:

where can I find out how to create a command line?

just open a cmd.exe window. change to your project64 app, like using:  cd /d "R:\emulators\project64"  (then press enter)

then type project64 followed by your rom file with full path to start with:

project64.exe "r:\roms\n64\mygamefile.n64"   (then press enter)

replace paths and file name with yours. the game should launch. that's how LB does it. 

if it doesn't work, you can try changing the full path with rom file name to just the rom file name only.

1 hour ago, ckp said:

you might also try going to  the edit game window and browsing for the actual rom even though it's filled out anyway, find your rom , select it, and ok out of the window and try it. this will ensure the game and path is right just in case something got messed up.

did you try this?

Sry, I had to go AFK for a min & just got back.

I managed to launch the game from CMD, but I'm not sure where to put the command. Do I just put them individually into the "Application Command Line Parameters" under Edit Game for each game? If so, how do I activate that field? (it's greyed out)

Or do I put some variation into the Default Command Line Parameters under Edit Emulator?

The command I got to work was:
Project64.exe "C:\Users\Fat Stephen\Saved Games\N64\Roms\Pokemon Snap (USA).n64"

still getting the error, however I did notice when I tested the link for the game after I had moved it but before I had changed it in Edit Game, that it came up as the ROM didn't exist without P64 opening at all. So, I'm assuming it's just something to do with the way LB is trying to open either the rom or the emulator itself, rather than having trouble locating it.