LaunchBox Community Forums

Having problems with Project64 & PPSSPP

Beastachu

I followed the tutorials, & dug a bit through the forums, but I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I can't get games to load up on Project64 2.3, or PPSSPP. Whenever I click a 64 game on LB's menu, it opens P64, but there's a small error window that tells me nothing. Untitled.thumb.png.a3a8770f8d4d42cd4960f8a6a65c020c.png

PPSSPP I have a similar problem with, except instead it simply blinks the emulator on then immediately closes it.

What am I doing wrong?

Huh, that's odd. If they're both failing, then you might potentially be missing a dependency? Assuming all the paths are correct, and you're not using any command line parameters, then it should work. Neither require BIOS, and without an actual error it could be anything and everything.

for the record, I'm a noob, so I'll honestly admit I have no idea what I'm talking about rly. Just what others have said.
That being said, I read on a thread on stand alone posts that some emulators weren't able to support loading roms directly, and that they might require some default command line parameters. However, I haven't found any mention of these 2 emulators & what said command line parameters would be, so IDK if that might be the problem.

Also, what's a dependency?

Edited by Beastachu

The programs might require other software to be installed first for them to work. Like how LaunchBox requires certain software, but LaunchBox should install all of it for the user. Other software isn't as easy. I don't use Project64 for N64, but rather RetroArch (which RA does require command lines), but I don't remember Project 64 2.0+ requiring them. I do recall there being a setting that when you open PJ64 it will show you a list of roms that you can import, and that should be disabled (thought I don't remember there it's located). Past that, PPSSPP shouldn't require anything special and should just launch the games. So given that everything is set up right (if you followed my PPSSPP tutorial), then my best guess is it might be a dependency problem.

• Like 1

In Project64 you will want to make some settings adjustments. Go to the Options menu then Settings, in the Options section make sure to have "Enter full-screen mode" checked and "Hide advanced settings" unchecked. Then in the advanced tab make sure "Start emulation when ROM is opened" is checked. Then in the Rom Selection section uncheck "Use ROM Browser".

There are all the settings you need for Launchbox to use PJ64.

Just now, lordmonkus said:

In Project64 you will want to make some settings adjustments. Go to the Options menu then Settings, in the Options section make sure to have "Enter full-screen mode" checked and "Hide advanced settings" unchecked. Then in the advanced tab make sure "Start emulation when ROM is opened" is checked. Then in the Rom Selection section uncheck "Use ROM Browser".

There are all the settings you need for Launchbox to use PJ64.

There we go! I knew someone would know exactly.

9 minutes ago, ckp said:

@Beastachu , does it work outside of LB just using the emulator alone? That might be a good starting point.

yeah, it ran fine prior running from the respective emulators. I just checked and they're both capable of being run from selecting the rom file itself, just not through launchbox

8 minutes ago, Beastachu said:

yeah, it ran fine prior running from the respective emulators. I just checked and they're both capable of being run from selecting the rom file itself, just not through launchbox

you should post screenshots of one of the games that fails to run (right click edit screen) and a screenshot of your emulator settings (manage emulators, edit emulator).

this is what the screen looks like when I try to just double click a game from the LB menu (this applies to all 64 roms I've tried)
Untitled2.thumb.png.2e8e75761cd1bd3d62a7aa8c51c48309.png
This is the settings menu on P64

Capture.thumb.PNG.65c831fef29ef82e30604ef502378302.PNGCapture2.thumb.PNG.742fcd81c68bb269cd1adaafe74691e1.PNGCapture3.thumb.PNG.8ff5d7e7457e1108b41f2c716600f23f.PNGCapture4.thumb.PNG.d14849664aec358fce780771947020bc.PNGMy graphix plug in is typically Glide64, since I've had the most success with that. However I have a custom one for Sin & Punishment as it was the best english translation I could find. TBH, aside graphics, I haven't really had to tweak anything on the plug-ins aspect.

This is P64 running Jetforce Gemini that I loaded from within the emulator's ROM selection, just for verification.Untitled3.thumb.png.fe5a67db07eaaa623cdaa170d22e8fdc.png

Edited by Beastachu

8 minutes ago, ckp said:

also, do you have any additional applications set for the games in LB or in the p64 emulator ahk tab?

Not that I'm aware of. There's a special graphix setting for Sin & Punishment, but that's the only game that's got anything special going on.