LaunchBox Community Forums

How to download Clear Logos for playlist?

kiroscell

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue in the latest beta with clear logos for the playlist name (ex: Midway CLassics). Normally when I add a new platform the clear logo for that platform is automatically downloaded when I download media but I'm missing something with playlist. Could anyone please assist me with this one as I'm trying to showcase my setup tomorrow help greatly appreciated!

check this thread scroll down a little bit, most of what you are looking for is most likely here.  or you can google search and use the "images" for logo you are looking for. I'm not sure if you can download images for playlist yet.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong

I don't think you can download images directly from the Database for Playlists, but most of that info wouldn't exist anyways. There's no set playlists, so unless we created a curated "type" of playlist, that's the only way that could work. Stuff like this is usually left up to the user. Sure, it takes a bit longer, but it's better than forcing them to remove what we set for something that's inherently custom. It's not like regular Console Clear Logo's. Check out our download section for tons of clear logo packs though. The Silver Ring pack is housed here too.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/14-platform-clear-logos/

Where do you put them at?  For example on Capcom Play System, I have tried adding the file here: LaunchBox\Images\Playlists\Capcom Play System\Clear Logo\Capcom Play System.png as well as here: LaunchBox\Themes\CriticalZone\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo\Capcom Play System.png but when going to Big Box mode it still shows the generic font and not the image that I added

Did you refresh the cache? Otherwise, open up LaunchBox, go to the playlist view, and where it has that empty space for images, right click and add an image. Make sure to set the type. From what I can tell, it's just like setting images for a game or platform manually too. I had more luck changing my platform images 1 by 1 by editing the platforms than dropping the images in to the folders.

This is something I'll be working on more later, but at the moment there isn't a separate download/forum section specifically for playlist media. I suggested to Jason that this is something we probably need and he seemed to agree, so that'll probably happen at some point (presumably after the release of 7.8). There are, of course, no set-in-stone playlist names (outside of the arcade ones), but there are at least some fairly obvious generic things that I think I can get out of the way like Shmups, Beat em Ups, RPGs, etc.

• Like 2