LaunchBox Community Forums

revert back to non beta (SOLVED)

zedman2003@gmail.com

Hi, in the launchbox folder is a update folder all the updates are in there. Iwould sort them by date then go down a few and check the version number. You can do this by right clicking a update clicking property's then details that will tell you which version it is. When you find the correct one just install over your old install.

Here is what mine is labeled as.

Screenshot (35).png

• Like 1

Well that is strange, did you install the previous version to the correct location ie the same location as the previous beta? There is no reason your data should disappear all you are doing is updating the .exe and.dll, this will not touch any of the folders in your launchbox folder. Are all your platform xml still there? Launchbox/Data/Platforms.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, We1Dont7Die said:

I just want to clarify the solution here. If i want to downgrade from a beta version, I can download a previous version and install on top without losing my configuration?

Correct.

9 minutes ago, We1Dont7Die said:

I only see one exe in my updates folder.

You can download the latest stable through the website itself, i'm assuming you don't have a stable build installer in your updates folder because your first install was the latest stable.

• 2 months later...

I'm loving the new Launchbox Next! It's obviously missing a lot of features right now but that's to be expected. My absolute favorite new thing about Launchbox Next is how it loads your boxart images into memory. No more waiting for them to load up one or a couple at a time. It only happens the first time you view them all, but once that's done never again. It runs smoothly. I really hope it stays this way. Thanks for your hard work guys. It's appreciated.