LaunchBox Community Forums

Transition from Hyperspin

ninja2bceen

Hello

Say I want to keep Hyperspins set up but also use launchbox premium as an alternative.

Is there a way to use the same media (wheel art, box art, carts, videos) by selecting specific paths so I don't have to duplicate art? I realize the Hyperspin themes are lost in translation at this time

Got any tutorial videos for making the switch? I have platinum but have no idea what I'm doing yet nor have I tried looking very hard yet

@ninja2bceen Yes you can definitely do that. All you have to do in LaunchBox is at the top, click on Tools then Manage Platforms. This will pull up a window with all your platforms,then click edit and then click on the folders tab and you can change the path to any of your image folders in your Hyperspin setup. I want to point out that if you use RocketLauncher with the LaunchBox plugin, in order for all the images to work correctly the paths to the images has to be in LaunchBox folders though. Also if you are one of the newest betas Jason has included an option to where you can right click on any of the platforms on the left and you just right click with your mouse and be able to edit platforms as well.

• Like 1

As an alternative to what @kmoney suggested if the program has to see the images in that specific folder you could use symlinks to leave the media in you HS setup how it is and at the same time create the links to the media in the LB folders and that way you would only need one set of images and you would get past the RL issue.

• Like 2

Also consider this may not work 100 percent with every system. Launchbox has its own database so if your art is named exactly like the rom, as in hyperspin, it might not always match up perfectly with the LB database. But this will be few and far between I think. LB is good about recognizing art.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 1