LaunchBox Community Forums

Unofficial BigBox Kodi Addon(Linux and Android Beta)

Would be awesome to have a summary for some of the "main" platforms. i.e. I use a shield too, so would be great to have a guide for that. i.e. which RA cores to install, and an androidcom.xml to match.
I'm not being lazy - I would love to work this all out myself, just limited on time atm - sorry!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martinconroy said:

Would be awesome to have a summary for some of the "main" platforms. i.e. I use a shield too, so would be great to have a guide for that. i.e. which RA cores to install, and an androidcom.xml to match.
I'm not being lazy - I would love to work this all out myself, just limited on time atm - sorry!

When i get round to playing with this and launchbox properly i will chip in on what works for shield and see if i can find any additions to the xml.

• Like 1

Cheers, I love this man!

I am using this within kodi but I cannot see Trailers, i have only fanarts instead. So my killing joke question is:

Trailers are only for Beta=android Versions  

oR THERE is a beta version for windows Lads? 

I am on Kodi 17

Skin Titan mainly... and testing estuari beta? 17

Forgive my not understanding cos not english spoke person at all.

Love for you all.

15 hours ago, FFiend CluBB said:

Cheers, I love this man!

I am using this within kodi but I cannot see Trailers, i have only fanarts instead. So my killing joke question is:

Trailers are only for Beta=android Versions  

oR THERE is a beta version for windows Lads? 

I am on Kodi 17

Skin Titan mainly... and testing estuari beta? 17

Forgive my not understanding cos not english spoke person at all.

Love for you all.

Trailers are available for all platforms. please make sure you are running the latest version by downloading my repository, also it looks for video snaps under LaunchBox\videos\platform name\game name.mp4 so also make sure there are video snaps available and they are in the standard LaunchBox naming structure.

the other thing you need to check is if your theme actually supports this. funny enough i could not find the trailer button on the aeon nox theme.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 11:45 PM, Thatman84 said:

@slipsystem have you thought about using one of these as you BigBox app background?

thanks for the images. i will probably incorporate some of these in the next update. i am not a designer so if anyone wants to create images for this plugin I will be glad to include them.

slipsystem Ey ma

7 hours ago, slipsystem said:

Trailers are available for all platforms. please make sure you are running the latest version by downloading my repository, also it looks for video snaps under LaunchBox\videos\platform name\game name.mp4 so also make sure there are video snaps available and they are in the standard LaunchBox naming structure.

the other thing you need to check is if your theme actually supports this. funny enough i could not find the trailer button on the aeon nox theme.

I am using Skin titan for Kodi 17. What is your skin in Kodi? Aeon Nox?

I have videos working on -----AMIGA\LaunchBox\Videos\Amiga\   Works well on Bigbox

launchbox is using VLC

I cannot see where is video snaps? ----:ph34r: please let me know what is this for and where is supposed to be on Launchbox folder.

It seems to me like Mame hehehe

thanks for the help!

Have a nice day.

PD: Have a look of my Theme, I hope you like it. See you.

Sin título1.png

Hey, every time i try to "update database" i get an error message - this is in my kodi.log

01:57:20.302 T:4208   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bigbox/?iconimage=C%3a%5cUsers%5cAVARIS%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.bigbox%5cresources%5cimages%5cupdatedatabase%5cicon.png&mode=51&name=Update%20Database&url=url
01:57:20.303 T:4208   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bigbox/?iconimage=C%3a%5cUsers%5cAVARIS%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.bigbox%5cresources%5cimages%5cupdatedatabase%5cicon.png&mode=51&name=Update%20Database&url=url) failed

windows7 x64

Edited by avaris

Hi dude! 

Last night I was fighting hard to watch those trailers on kodi but no luck.......:(

( I have changed theme/skin: Titan, Estuari, Aeon Nox...)

What sort of View are you using men?  what is the name of the view in kodi? there are a lot of, but none of then works trailers.

Last thing I did. Reinstall Kodi to nghly build but nothing happened.

You said something about how to get the key on Aeon nox tooo dificult. 

Do you know any theme that plays the trailer inmediatly on select?

Thank you

Sin título3.png

Edited by FFiend CluBB

3 hours ago, FFiend CluBB said:

Hi dude! 

Last night I was fighting hard to watch those trailers on kodi but no luck.......:(

( I have changed theme/skin: Titan, Estuari, Aeon Nox...)

What sort of View are you using men?  what is the name of the view in kodi? there are a lot of, but none of then works trailers.

Last thing I did. Reinstall Kodi to nghly build but nothing happened.

You said something about how to get the key on Aeon nox tooo dificult. 

Do you know any theme that plays the trailer inmediatly on select?

Thank you

Sin título3.png

hey I think you are misunderstanding. this program does not replace any theme elements. this will provide the theme with the data it needs. so in short, the video snap will not automatically play unless it is build that way by the theme. to access the trailer you would do it the same way you play trailers on movies.

right click on the game or press c on your keyboard (this will bring up a context menu)

go to information

sorry in recent versions ok kodi information is not available in the context menu. you need to press i on your keyboard or the button that corresponds to information on your controller.

click on trailer.

Screenshot_20170613-135313.jpg

Edited by slipsystem

10 hours ago, avaris said:

Hey, every time i try to "update database" i get an error message - this is in my kodi.log

01:57:20.302 T:4208   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bigbox/?iconimage=C%3a%5cUsers%5cAVARIS%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.bigbox%5cresources%5cimages%5cupdatedatabase%5cicon.png&mode=51&name=Update%20Database&url=url
01:57:20.303 T:4208   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bigbox/?iconimage=C%3a%5cUsers%5cAVARIS%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.bigbox%5cresources%5cimages%5cupdatedatabase%5cicon.png&mode=51&name=Update%20Database&url=url) failed

windows7 x64

can you upload you full log please

15 hours ago, avaris said:

Here.

Data.rar

Im going to rewrite the code over the weekend. there is a problem with the way I create items. i cannot pass strange characters wich is becoming more and more of a problem. Im going to be rewriting the code to pass the rom id aswell as normalize the game names, hopefully this will fix allot of bugs.

I might be thick, but how do I run this on, for example, LibreELEC (thinking of linux support) as it needs the path to the BigBox.exe file? Or is it possible to have a frontend for LibreELEC and just use retroarch to launch the games? That'd be perfect.

12 hours ago, slipsystem said:

Im going to rewrite the code over the weekend. there is a problem with the way I create items. i cannot pass strange characters wich is becoming more and more of a problem. Im going to be rewriting the code to pass the rom id aswell as normalize the game names, hopefully this will fix allot of bugs.

Sounds good, looking forward to the update ^_^

1 hour ago, avaris said:

Sounds good, looking forward to the update ^_^

just updated. hopefully this should fix the problem.

I added a new colum to the sql database. so it is vital that you run the update database, I would recommend deleting the database under 

Kodi\userdata\addons\plugins.video.bigbox\database.db

• Like 1