LaunchBox Community Forums

Unofficial BigBox Kodi Addon(Linux and Android Beta)

slipsystem,

great work!

should you make the trailer automatic view? If you need something I am going to donate for it!

maybe a new flawless skin/theme with automatic trailer support. I dream on it deeply.

PD: How to edit Icons of Bigbox into  Kodi...? I meet all the archives in Addons/resources/images/ I try to edit

and the images are the same! then I try to delete to test and the images are intact. I wish to create my own icons and Thumbs Thx. Any idea?

Edited by FFiend CluBB

On 2017-06-15 at 11:00 PM, slipsystem said:

just updated. hopefully this should fix the problem.

I added a new colum to the sql database. so it is vital that you run the update database, I would recommend deleting the database under 

Kodi\userdata\addons\plugins.video.bigbox\database.db

Just thought i'd update my situation. Removed and re-downloaded BigBox addon under your repo in kodi (assumed that i didn't need to update the repo for it to work). Also removed the database file before this. I setup everything as before but i still get the same issue. I have a lot of games on the pc i tested it on, so i gave it a try on my other pc with 10-20 games, no issues there ('exact' same kodi installed on the two pcs).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I had exported Exodos Collection 5000+ games into Launchbox... But when it updates at Kodi it is not working... Amiga has got about 350 games in my collection and it is working fine. Have we got a limit whith hudge collections? Thx-

PD: I am deleting useless games to thin the hurl on DOSbox.

Edited by FFiend CluBB

• 4 months later...
On 2017-03-21 at 7:33 PM, slipsystem said:

Updated again. Fixed some bugs. I added some new tables in the sql database to allow for better emulator detection. Fixed games with ' in the file path. Added working directory to launch command.

When I exit a game, Kodi doesn't maximize afterwards, hence I have to use a keyboard to ALT+TAB to re-open it again, tried option to quit Kodi in addon and have it launch (script) Kodi after big box closes, but to no avail. Happens both when launching a game directly from your addon via "Platform" or opening Bigbox from your addon and exiting.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a problem with images
I love the plugin and it works flawlessly for the most part. the problem is a lot of games that have images for them in launch/big box do not on the plug in. on PC games the images have -01 or -02 at the end in explorer I found that only the ones that had -01 at the end where working with your add on. OK no ploblem that was a easy fix just change some names and I'm all good but I found that for other systems not all images had -01 or 2 at the end. PS2 folder for example had no numbers at the end of their Jpgs name and only half of the images where shoing up in kodi. so I just added -01 to the end of all the images in that folder and still no luck only half the images show up.
Any idea what I can do to get all images to show up??

• 1 month later...

My pleasure @slipsystem, this addon is the center piece of my Kodi setup, looks great using Rapier Skin for Kodi 18, and the trailers open quickly :).

@FFiend CluBB I managed to get the trailers loading automatically using Kodi 17 and Titan Skin (displaying in a small window, panel details view). It worked great with slow scrolling, but would stop loading trailers if you scrolled too quickly through games.

On 2017-05-08 at 1:15 PM, slipsystem said:

my focus at the moment is getting cross platform working to the max. i am starting with android and then moving to linux.

as for auto hotkeys and quit key combos , i am doing some reading on the launchbox plugin system that has been recently implemented. I am hoping to be able to launch the games via launchbox itself instead of intercepting commands that it sends. this way the games will launch as if Launchbox actually launched it. i am not sure if this is even possible but thats where i will be putting my attention.

Hello @slipsystem, did you solve this? Been away since my NAS crashed last summer so I haven´t tested for awhile since I have not rebuilt a new one yet :| 

On 2018-02-07 at 3:51 PM, slipsystem said:

Thank you so much @Tony Birt for donating to this project. you have encouraged me to do some more development on this. 

if anyone has feature requests for the next version I am taking them now.

If the addon is not Kodi 18 compatible, that would be a nice feature for the upcoming release :)

Edited by sic

• 6 months later...

I know it's been a minute since this thread has been active, but I'm having some issues populating the games list and launching them from within KODI.  I can't see the games from three different platforms although they work as intended from withing BigBox.  I'm sure it's a simple configuration issue, but I don't have any idea where to start.  I'd love to see this add-on utilized to its full potential, so what info can I provide to help get down to the root of this cause?

Thanks for this tool and expect a donation in the future if I can get things working as intended!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Than addon is much better than the official one, full integration in Kodi is great, would love some progress here!

Unfortunately with latest kodi build there is an issue if you start a game in will infinitely launch that game.

Edited by quaigoner

• 3 months later...

this is a great addon, ive wanted to set up a kodi based game frontend for ages now, mostly for the fact it running on a lightweight platform,all the addons on kodi that do this all have limitations, one thing is im having trouble importing all of my collection, all the platforms are showing after the import,but can only access around 70% of them, it just says bigbox error referr to kodi log

• 2 weeks later...