LaunchBox Community Forums

My Custom Filters are gone with 7.8 - help!

avaris

Hey, loved the new update for 'playlist' added in 7.8, although i had already sorted a lot of my games in "custom filters" and now they're completly gone. :/ 

Took me quite a while to get every game in there, had made a huge library of playlists for a few game series and so on - so I'm wondering if there is a file i can access to atleast see the game names of each "custom filter" so i can readd them?

thanks in advance

Do your research before posting.. stupid me - I searched bit through my data files and found that every game title from your old Custom Filters are located in "Launchbox\Data\Savedfilters.xml\", incase anyone else bump into my issue :) 

Sorry guys, I realize I screwed the pooch on that one. Yes, they are at least all still accessible in the XML, but we did not build a migration for them to the new playlist features. That would be pretty difficult because the method and logic behind the two are rather different. Depending on how many complaints we get, I may go back and add a migration feature, but honestly I'd rather focus on new features like nested filters. That said, my apologies for the oversight.

For me, it's no big deal because the custom filters were too painful for me to use and didn't give me what I really wanted anyway. So, I'm looking forward to upgrading to 7.8 and trying out the new stuff. 

I always save my entire Data folder before an upgrade, so it's easy to rollback to previous version if I want to.

On 3/23/2017 at 0:22 AM, Jason Carr said:

Sorry guys, I realize I screwed the pooch on that one. Yes, they are at least all still accessible in the XML, but we did not build a migration for them to the new playlist features. That would be pretty difficult because the method and logic behind the two are rather different. Depending on how many complaints we get, I may go back and add a migration feature, but honestly I'd rather focus on new features like nested filters. That said, my apologies for the oversight.

It was honestly not as bad as i thought adding them again. I just copy pasted the names of the games from the xml file into a notepad and spam added them until i got them all. Took 20min-half an hour for all of them or so. The new playlists feature is great aswell. 

• Like 1