LaunchBox Community Forums

Add a platform

NJDave71

Take your Jukebox.exe file drag it into LB when it asks you for a platform make in Jukebox when it asks you for an emulator just point it at the .exe file again or any of your other emulator or a dummy text file named jukebox emulator (the program is pretty flexible) If you do it the 1st or the 3rd way then your done if you use the 2nd option you will have to edit it and change the emulator from the one you choose and leave it blank and your done.

You can also go to Tools -> Manage Platforms, and create the Platform in here. Then, use the Add button in the bottom right hand corner and fill in the information manually. If you have multiple things to add, dragging and dropping or using the import function, assigning it an "emulator", and then removing that assignment with the Bulk Edit Wizard will be easier. If you just want to add 1 thing though, then adding it manually might be easier.

I am using the latest beta version and i have tried to the following with little to no success.

1 Add a Platform called Jukebox and  Tools -> Manage Platforms.  

I am able to add the item but it never shows up in the list of platforms and when i try to add the ,exe it says 0 games added. 

I was able to add this to the windows platform but not really where i want it to live.  

There are special items that would make sense to launch directly at top level.

Such as a Jukebox and Kodi.

That what i did I created the platform and tried to import into it and got 0 imported.    i even created an jukebox.xml.

This is the only item that has given me issues, but it works as a windows item so instead of having it's only dedicate menu it's just one level down under windows.   

• 11 months later...

Hey guys, sorry for bumping this topic again, but I am in the same situation as @NJDave71. I have a couple of programs that I would like them to be at the same level as any other platform and not inside one. Currently I had to create a Platform with the name Jukebox, and once inside I had to create Jukebox again as an app to finally access it. Is there a way to change the hierarchy or location of an app? Thanks!