LaunchBox Community Forums

Hobbies

brubakes

I thought it would be fun to start a thread talking about hobbies and other things everyone is into outside of the world of LaunchBox or emulation in general.  Anyone have any fun hobbies?  I'm a woodworker, beer brewer, and working on restoring an old military Jeep.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fromlostdays said:

Space. I don't mean amateur astonomer. I've just been watching and reading everything I can about space for years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm with you there, I cant get enough of that stuff, books, documentary's, films. Love it.

• Like 1

I also collect sportscards as well. Mainly baseball and football. I usually collect for a while and then stop and pick it up again as I usually go through phases of nostalgia of things I did as a kid. I have probally did all the more popular hobbies at some point in my life. In addition to collecting sportscards I have also collected comic books and autographs, golf,fishing and the list goes on.:)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

@kmoney whats the best autograph you got 

In terms of value I would have to say it would probably be one of my presidential autographs or J. Edgar Hoover. I have Jimmy Carter,Bill Clinton,Donald Trump,George W. Bush,Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon autographs. I am not saying I am a fan or not of any of them or really collect for value as I am just a collector of autographs. Also I just happen to be at the right place at the right time to obtain them. 

• Like 2

I love astronomy as well and console collecting.  I've collected some sports cards (mainly NHL), stamps, and old NASA pictures (Apollo/Voyager) in the past as well.    Every now and then I like playing around with open source programs just to mess around and see what's in there.    I've learned how to program some simple games since a kid as my mom (of all people) enjoyed typing code for games in a commodore 64 from a book she got in the late 80's early 90's .   Well, maybe she didn't like typing the code, but enjoyed playing the games :P.   I think I still have that book somewhere...

In terms of value I would have to say it would probably be one of my presidential autographs or J. Edgar Hoover. I have Jimmy Carter,Bill Clinton,Donald Trump,George W. Bush,Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon autographs. I am not saying I am a fan or not of any of them or really collect for value as I am just a collector of autographs. Also I just happen to be at the right place at the right time to obtain them. 

You didn't have to clarify. I have a lot of video games I'm not a fan of. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk