LaunchBox Community Forums

Does Launchbox 7.8 Support MAME vv0.184

sipes760

Yeah the only thing I can think of is if they add new games to set, which I don't think happens often, if ever, you might have to import those. Other than that, just make sure you're not changing the path to the roms, update the mame exe and launchbox is hands free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

Yeah the only thing I can think of is if they add new games to set, which I don't think happens often, if ever, you might have to import those. Other than that, just make sure you're not changing the path to the roms, update the mame exe and launchbox is hands free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

They add new games/clones with every new release at the end of each month... Your best option is to keep your roms updated - it is easier to maintain the set each month than to have to do it after a year or two.

• Like 1

LaunchBox needs it's MAME metadata updated for us to see new games, if there are any, but that process is very hard unfortunately. If you grab a new set and paths are changing, deleting the games, and re-importing without downloading images is the easiest way. If you keep the same exact path, plug in the new MAME and romset, it should all just work. If there are any new games that isn't picked up by the MAME Importer, you will have to do that manually currently.

• Like 1

Some notable games in the last few MAME updates:

Eeekk!!

Gallop Racer 2 

Hangzo (prototype) (Hack n Slash type game) 

Hammer Away (prototype) (Sega shmup)

Kyuukoukabakugekitai - Dive Bomber Squad (prototype) Konami shmup

Last Hope (A conversion of a Neo-Geo console shmup that wasn't made for the arcade)

Lock On (Philko) (2D horizontal shmup, not to be confused with the 1st person shmup with the same title.)

Moto Frenzy (Dirt bike racing game by Namco)

Omega (Arkanoid style game...)

Power Flipper Pinball Shooting v1.33 (Cool looking video pinball game)

Sega Sonic Cosmo Fighter (YES! Sonic the Hedgehog in a SHMUP!!)

Sky Robo (A shmup with transforming abilities, becomes a multi-directional shooter when changing to robot)

Slap Shooter (It's a hockey game, made by Sega)

Splendor Blast II (2.5D Racing/Shmup?)

Steering Champ (bowling with cars!!?!? This is probably when Konami started getting weird)

Some of these games have Launchbox ID's.  But almost none have any media.

Sifting through 60,000+ rom files is tough. 

Hope this list helps.

-MV

Edited by MetalVinnie