LaunchBox Community Forums

How to organize vídeos Like launchbox does for games.

StuDentBR

That's pretty cool, but if I am on a trip (like when we went to Texas), I loaded up my tablet and phone with stuff. I'd rather not stream from my network. So outside of my Network, I don't need any solutions, but that is still pretty awesome for those who want to.

Yeah transferring files to my device is a little antiquated at this point but to each his own I have a ton of shared data that we don't usually come close to using all of so that is never an issue for me except when we go camping and there is no signal in the woods.

Well especially if we're on a plane, Wifi may be spotty etc. I don't really consider it antiquated at all, and im not beholden to any outside forces. I have the file I want, I'm good. It's like my 128GB micro SD card being loaded up with music, and that's what we use in the car when we want music. xD I don't consider it antiquated at all. It's a fairly painless process. With USB3 and USB C transfer speeds, it's not too bad, and most of the time I transfer things with ES File Explorer over FTP protocol wirelessly. I see the irony in that, but when I am at home I'm not worried about wifi, connectivity and data rates.

The antiquated part was a joke but I'm usually just traveling around locally and need access to music video and audio books on the go usually without having to put any thought into needing them I just like to have them available on any device at any time at a whim.

There is also a plex add on for kodi, its plex pass at the moment while it is in beta but will be free to everyone eventually. When you click on the add on in kodi it changes to look identical to the plex app, and when you quit it you are back in kodi. So the best of both worlds, you get all your plex library's in kodi but can also make use of the thousands of kodi add ons as well.

• 3 weeks later...