LaunchBox Community Forums

Big box freezes after exiting a game

ciskohansen

When I choose a game  I can see the video snap running and after I can play normally.

The problem comes after exiting the game, any game, the video snap is not running , Big Box freezes and I have to do control+alt+supr for come back to life.

I have this problem 90 percent of the time.

I use vlc option.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎13‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 10:29 PM, ciskohansen said:

And still happening 

Enviado desde mi MX5 mediante Tapatalk

What OS you are using?? I've had the same problem with Windows 7. Now i updated Launchbox to 7.9 and updated my OS to Windows 10 and i've no problems anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/4/2017 at 0:42 PM, 1Patrick34 said:

What OS you are using?? I've had the same problem with Windows 7. Now i updated Launchbox to 7.9 and updated my OS to Windows 10 and i've no problems anymore.

I am tired of this problem, now I updated to the last beta and still happening.

I use windows 10 and before with 7.9 I had the same problem.

Hide Taskbar" option is unticked.

what can I do?

1 hour ago, ciskohansen said:

I am tired of this problem, now I updated to the last beta and still happening.

I use windows 10 and before with 7.9 I had the same problem.

Hide Taskbar" option is unticked.

what can I do?

Yes i know, i also have the same problem. But when i put launchbox to fullscreen in settings, sometimes the problem is over. Maybe it helps?

I only use Retroach, thats the only emulator that works with no problems.

@ciskohansen

What is one specific emulator where you have this problem?

How do you exit a game, using Bigbox controller automation? 

For the one specific emulator to discuss here, what is in the Autohotkey tab in its Launchbox emulator settings?

Edit:

What is control+alt+supr? Are you killing the bigbox.exe process or does some key combo just make it start working again?

Edited by ckp

@ciskohansen

For the one specific emulator to discuss here, what is in the Autohotkey tab in its Launchbox emulator settings?

I use rocketlauncher with retroarch.

I exit a game with big box automation.

Enviado desde mi MX5 mediante Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, ckp said:

@ciskohansen

Edit:

What is control+alt+supr? Are you killing the bigbox.exe process or does some key combo just make it start working again?

The specific emulators that freezes are Fusion and Project64, Epsxe... Actually alle the emulators except Mame and Retroarch, those 2 exit without any problems.

I exit with controller automation. When i exit with esc on keyboard, no problems. If i exit with a hotkey in that emulator, no problem. But when i exit with controller automation in BigBox it freezes/hangs.

8 minutes ago, ciskohansen said:

for example, in Commodore Amiga using fs uae and Sharp x68000 with Mess I have not this problem, even exiting a game with big box automation, but these systems are not configured with rocketlauncher.

Maybe for Rocketlauncher specifically you could try disabling the exit emulator key you have setup up in Rocketlauncher settings. 

11 minutes ago, ciskohansen said:

In early versions I never had this problem and from the beginning I use rocketlauncher.

Yes, same here. Something changed in one of the last few versions. After that, we have had to handle the autohotkey contents differently for some emulators. I stopped using RL a long time ago and just use LB. But when this happened a few versions back, it affected Retroarch, Demul, and others for some people. Maybe it also affected RL, but I don't use RL anymore. And it can be fixed per emulator at least for Retroarch, Demul, and some others.

Edited by ckp

1 minute ago, ciskohansen said:

then bye bye rocketlauncher? It would be one step back.

I'm not saying that. I just didn't want to use RL anymore. I had no need. If you are having a problem with RL, then you should answer all the questions I asked and I can try to help, or someone else may know too. So, did disabling the RL exit key help? Is anything in your LB autohotkey tab for RL?

Edited by ckp

1 hour ago, ckp said:

I'm not saying that. I just didn't want to use RL anymore. I had no need. If you are having a problem with RL, then you should answer all the questions I asked and I can try to help, or someone else may know too. So, did disabling the RL exit key help? Is anything in your LB autohotkey tab for RL?

how disabling RL exit key? I use joytokey

nothing in my LB autohotkey tab

1 hour ago, ciskohansen said:

how disabling RL exit key? I use joytokey

nothing in my LB autohotkey tab

I can't really tell you since I never really got too familiar with everything in RL. I was just thinking that maybe you have some kind of hotkey clash between RL and BB. 

When I used RL with LB, I don't think I had anything in my autohotkey tab in LB, but that was before the problems came around like this. 

I wonder if it would help if you were to add this to your RL autohotkey tab in LB? Maybe worth a try?

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}