LaunchBox Community Forums

Big box freezes after exiting a game

ciskohansen

1 hour ago, Charco said:

I encountered this issue again yesterday exiting MAME in Big Box.

Hey @Charco, only time I ever had any issues with LB and MAME was when I had the new MAME port audio settings. But I think my only problem was having those settings and using MAME/BB through Steam link.

Edit: also I don't use any script at all in the LB MAME emulator autohotkey tab for MAME. If you have something there to close MAME, maybe remove that and try it?

Edited by ckp

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Charco said:

Nope, I don't use any AHK scripts and have MAME 0.177, which was before port audio was implemented I believe.

oh bummer. no idea then :(  

if it happens often, maybe try adding the close startup process ahk script in the mame tab?

9 minutes ago, Charco said:

I have no idea what that is I'm afraid.

Try pasting this into your MAME emulator settings AHK tab and see if it's any different:

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

But for me, I just set MAME itself to exit with the same controller combo as I use with LB controller automation and that seems to work ok, with nothing in the ahk tab.

Edited by ckp

I have a similar issue.

Windows 10 using PS 3 blutooth rock candy controllers Any version after 7.1 locks up. Currently I am on 6.9 and its working fine.

Entering the nes game is fine everything works great. After I leave game. Suddenly, I cant leave game info and if I try to play game again or move around to much it locks up. I get no error report and ending the task through task manager is the only way to get out. "or Resetting"

Need some idea's guys. 

Systems this happens on. NES, SNES, Sega Genesis. I have no other systems then that.

Thank you in advance.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6300 CPU @ 3.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
 Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8124MB RAM
Page File: 3154MB used, 6250MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Edited by AinsWorth

Yes it is set to use all controllers. No I am using emulators not retroarch. The emulators I am using are the ones called for when adding emulators.

When I add them to Launchbox, I have nothing set on command lines... Everything is pretty much default.

Edited by AinsWorth

I now have update BigBox to 7.10 beta 3, and now Mame and Retroarch freezes also. Before those 2 emulators where the only ones that worked OK. But now all emulators freezes. I'm on win10, controller automation on, xbox360 controller and other controllers on. I dont know what to do anymore.

1 hour ago, 1Patrick34 said:

I now have update BigBox to 7.10 beta 3, and now Mame and Retroarch freezes also. Before those 2 emulators where the only ones that worked OK. But now all emulators freezes. I'm on win10, controller automation on, xbox360 controller and other controllers on. I dont know what to do anymore.

I feel ya, I went back to 6.9 so I don't have this issue currently. I may wait till 8.0 before I update again.

Edited by AinsWorth

4 minutes ago, AinsWorth said:

I feel ya, I went back to 6.9 so I don't have this issue currently. I may wait till 8.0 before I update again.

I want to go back also. But i cannot find early versions. But i have saved the install of the stable version 7.9 on my computer. So i installed 7.9 and Retroarch and Mame works fine now. I also wait untill version 8.0 or something.

2 minutes ago, 1Patrick34 said:

I want to go back also. But i cannot find early versions. But i have saved the install of the stable version 7.9 on my computer. So i installed 7.9 and Retroarch and Mame works fine now. I also wait untill version 8.0 or something.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz02qw0pnwkvt4q/LaunchBox-6.9-Setup.exe?dl=0

Thats where I got 6.9.. Good luck!

In your update folder in LB should be many different files that are actually LB installers you just sort them by date, run the one you want and it will install that version of LB again

Edited by DOS76

38 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

In your update folder in LB should be many different files that are actually LB installers you just sort them by date, run the one you want and it will install that version of LB again

You mean User/Launchbox/updates.. Yea I saw that. Files look like this "3a42cf76-ddde-4ada-bff9-a2aff22ee2af" 

Edited by AinsWorth

• 2 months later...

Do your emulators and games work fine if you use them without LB/BB?  7.10 is just as stable as any other version.

First get them to work outside of LB. Then if you still have issues with LB/BB, post screenshots of your emulator setup screens in LB and a screenshot from a couple games' setup screens too (right click, edit).