LaunchBox Community Forums

Cant get Naomi to run in Demul

johnnyskullhead

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Hi, I’m very new to the emulator scene, I stumbled to this page while looking for solutions to figure out how to make DEmul work for Naomi and Naomi2 games as I have some games I really wish to play. I tried everything I could from various tutorials but I still getting errors to run the games. It keeps prompting me the  ” unable to find ‘XXXXXXX’ in romset ‘XXXXX’.

I have the bios Naomi.zip and naomi2.zip in the roms folder which I have already set demul to target where the roms are at. I also have the game roms in this folder as well
However, my Naomi ROMs are not in .zip, I got them in respective folders with .bin and .lst files in it. Is it because of this which cause the error? My naomi2 Roms are in .zip though, they don’t work either. Anyone can help me out? Thanks

Hi, Thanks for your reply. The games doesn't work at all in Demul. I have set all the paths I believe they are set correctly after going through many tutorials.

image.thumb.png.8551fb97464f0fde76fb4330bde217fe.pngI have placed the bios files (naomi.zip and naomi2.zip) in the roms folder.

The bios files were downloaded from here: https://casualemulationfan.wordpress.com/2015/08/17/demul-quick-start-guide/

and also the games I wanted it to run are placed in the same roms folder.

image.thumb.png.793220d359703ce0ba25e0cb36998063.pngThe game Virtual Tennis 2 is for naomi and is in it's folder, and inside the folder are the game files in .bin & .lst) .

image.thumb.png.ff181e058c273bd0c40c4886199b1ee4.png

The game Virtual Striker 3 is for naomi2 and is in .zip

Is there anything I need to do before the game can work?

And you have mentioned CD plugin? What is that? I have not touched anything in the plugin folder.

And this is the demul I am using

image.png.c4b3c1e673da5c0bdd9e038d2620afa2.png

Edited by laclah