LaunchBox Community Forums

Cant get Naomi to run in Demul

johnnyskullhead

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, I've just got Ferrari f355 running on Demul through Launchbox, I have the latest current MAME Split Set 245.

My error message was something like 'unable to find epr-21863.ic27 in romset 'naomi'.

The way I got it working was to find the missing file - I found it in f355dlx.zip - then pull it out / extract it from the zip file and add it to naomi.zip. I use Winrar and could just drag epr-21863.ic27 onto my desktop from f355dlx.zip (then closed winrar), double clicked naomi.zip and dragged the file into the archive.

Ferrari runs after that, but it seems to open 4x iterations of Demul, this might be normal (maybe the original machine had 4x seats?) but I've not played it to any great degree before.

I also had trouble with House of the Dead 2, I had to pull the file epr-21330.ic27 from hod2bios.zip and also add it to naomi.zip.

The game runs fine after that.

If I find any more games that are missing files I'll try to remember to come back here and update the post.

Good luck!

3 minutes ago, grimbola said:

Hiya, I've just got Ferrari f355 running on Demul through Launchbox, I have the latest current MAME Split Set 245.

My error message was something like 'unable to find epr-21863.ic27 in romset 'naomi'.

The way I got it working was to find the missing file - I found it in f355dlx.zip - then pull it out / extract it from the zip file and add it to naomi.zip. I use Winrar and could just drag epr-21863.ic27 onto my desktop from f355dlx.zip (then closed winrar), double clicked naomi.zip and dragged the file into the archive.

Ferrari runs after that, but it seems to open 4x iterations of Demul, this might be normal (maybe the original machine had 4x seats?) but I've not played it to any great degree before.

I also had trouble with House of the Dead 2, I had to pull the file epr-21330.ic27 from hod2bios.zip and also add it to naomi.zip.

The game runs fine after that.

If I find any more games that are missing files I'll try to remember to come back here and update the post.

Good luck!

The issue here is you are using the wrong files. Demul hasn't been updated in a long time, so doesn't know anything about the 0.245 romset, it wants the romset version of whatever was probably current the last time it was updated. MAME zips change quite regularly, so tthis specific game may of changed the files in the zip during that time. Also for these you probably want a Non-Merged romset and not a split one, a split romset is what its name implies, and a zip file is not strictly a working rom, as other files that rom needs can be located in other zip files, as you have discovered.

So long story short, you are using the wrong romset version and type for what you are trying to do.