LaunchBox Community Forums

Resolved - Weird Bug on Accepting and Rejections - Issue #???

In virtute Dei

Hey Guys,

I noticed that if something is accepted in the database but someone is browsing the moderation stuff it will show up, so my changes were accepted and rejected because they were put into the database and then duplicated and then rejected because the entry that i already made existed... Has anyone else experienced this bug??

I haven't, but thank you for letting us know! @Jason Carr should be working on the Database here shortly after our Public Poll, so he'll take a look at it when he does. We don't have a bug subforum for the Database part of our Forums, so I'm gonna move this to Troubleshooting for now. We also have a BitBucket just for the Database if you do find anymore bugs and want to report them that way. https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/issues/new

The only shortcoming I've found with the database is when I try to submit a new game and someone else has already submitted the same game but it's still in moderation. The database cannot inform me that a game with the same name is already in moderation and will allow me to submit. Once the earlier submission is accepted, then the second one will be automatically rejected on the grounds of duplicate game submission.

Lately I've noticed a lot of empty game stubs appearing across a number of platforms. I had one new game uploaded and in moderation when these stubs suddenly appeared. As a result my submission was rejected. I then edited the stub with all the text fields and images from my rejected submission and all were approved and accepted.
These empty stubs originally covered games beginning with a number or the letter A. More recently stubs have appeared for the letter B.

• Like 1

Yes these new empty game stubs are annoying. The fact that so many have appeared across a lot of platforms in a very short space of time makes you wonder where they have come from.
Preparing a new game for submission takes a lot of time and research. It's not very nice to see it rejected because an empty stub suddenly appeared.

• Vlansix changed the title to Resolved - Weird Bug on Accepting and Rejections - Issue #???