LaunchBox Community Forums

Bulk change ROM path's

thraxlol

I have LB in the hard drive; C drive, with all of my MAME games that work fine, under roms, with some small exceptions with required CHD roms. I have a couple of MAME games on my SSD E: drive , but I changed the .ini file for MAME to except those as well, even though they run a bit slower in LB than they do directly in MAME (not sure why), but for another time.  I have all emulators in a Launchbox folder under emulators, and the actual roms under each platform on the E: drive. I have all my other platforms set up this way.  Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 and both work...  I imported the same way, but now I am stuck.  

On another note, I tried to get Greenshot to show you some screenshots, but after installing, it said my hotkeys were already in use somewhere else, which I had to change in order to use it.  So I opted out, that is the last thing that I need. 

Thanks again,

Ing.....

3 hours ago, Ingabagovinanana said:

Retro808,

Alright, I did some testing.  I still have the 4DO emulator, there are two files in 3DO roms, .bin and .cue.  When you start the emulator it uses the .cue, which really just turns on the emulated console, then you have to pick the game by choosing the .bin file..(or it could be the other way around; .bin and .cue) 4DO gives you that choice under file at the top of the screen.  All games work perfectly.  

I tried to use Retroarch and I think I have a setting messed up because the frame rate is wrong, and I cannot find the setting for FPS.  I think I might have changed something because I was looking for the option to show FPS during game play and they moved that option somewhere... Even in the UI, makes me feel like if I had epilepsy, I would have a seizure, and that is how the games play as well, then there was a pop up saying it was playing at 24 fps in one of the games, which makes sense.  I can't find the setting. Now all I want to do is change it back to default and I can't find any information on that anywhere.   

So the games do work on both emulators, based on my input above 4DO seems better...  Either way nothing happens when I click on the games in LB.   

OK, so I do not emulate 3DO and just set it up. Downloaded 4DO, dropped the bios in the folder and selected. Tested Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge and it worked. Added 4DO to my emulators in LB and LB already populated the default command lines. Added 3DO Interactive Multiplayer to the Associate Platforms list. Then imported the .cue file and tested the game. No issues running the game. So seem pretty straight forward to get this working.

What file did you import into LB?

Here are some images.

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.37.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.38.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.38.28 PM.png

I think I know what is happening now.  There is a folder under LB that is called Games, it is not where I keep any of my roms....  I think when I import, LB automatically creates a folder called the platform in that folder and it is looking for the games in that folder only for 3DO, but not the others.  I know this because it created it's own category (platform) called All, there is also one for all other platforms I have....  which I did not create.  My roms are in E: drive under a launchbox folder named 3DO.  

This may correct my "All" situation, which is also weird because in LB, when I use either platform of All (there are Two) it shows all games in both of them, but when I use Big Box there is a separate platform for All which is just my 3DO games.

Could I have a path messed up?  If I delete the Games folder will it look where I have told it to?  Any suggestions on quickly correcting this?

Thanks,

Ing...

Wow... I did it... Kind of.  I changed the platform name in edit platforms from All to 3DO Interactive Multiplayer.  For some reason, now everything seems to work, except for my problem with Retroarch using the 3DO Opera Emulator, and it is still skipping badly on the FPS.  I guess I just need to switch it back to the 4DO emulator, or figure out what is making Retroarch act like this.  Then I will be all good.

Maybe you have to shut everything down for certain things to take affect.  I don't know why it wasn't working before, these things are so finnicky.

Any suggestions on how to fix RetroArch?  Do you use that Emulator?  It's pretty cool to have quite a few emulators available in that one source, so I would like to get that working correctly if I could.  I can't find any settings that would have changed it, and I can't find how to set back to default.

On 4/27/2017 at 2:36 AM, Lordmonkus said:

There is no bulk edit rom path feature in Launchbox yet though it is something I have been asking Jason for a while.

The easiest ways right now is to either remove your games from LB and re-import them or use a text editor like Notepad++ to "find and replace" the path in the platform.xml, this is the way I did it when I moved my roms before.

If you do the re-import you can turn off the data and image scraping in the import wizard to speed it up.

Thanks, that worked, I formatted my PC and it changed my drives letters and this solved it .

• 9 months later...
On 4/13/2020 at 10:20 PM, damageinc86 said:

Just used this to update my arcade roms path and it said that 7 of the files selected do not exist in the new directory so i selected don't update those but update the rest.  Is there a way to find out which 7 games it didn't find in the new path?

Which update method did you use? 
Tools > Change ROMs Folder Path for Selected Games?
Or did you re-import? 

3 hours ago, MapleLeaf said:

Which update method did you use? 
Tools > Change ROMs Folder Path for Selected Games?
Or did you re-import? 

I didn't re-import my entire arcade, I wouldn't do that unless I absolutely had to.  So I would assume that back in April I used the UI method.  I have been mining crypto on my gaming PC since then, so I actually forgot about this lol.  I'm sure i'll never even notice those 7 games that launchbox didn't find.  But it would have been nice if it just told me what those games were as it happened.

Edited by damageinc86