LaunchBox Community Forums

Silly Question about LB development

AFaustini

Some of complaints that i read about Launchbox are about slow loadings, transitions or even slowness on scrolling (images take a "long" time on fast scrolling).

The actual focus of development looks to mitigate that issue.

I don`t know if it`s proven, but i have some perception that .net based applications tends to appear slower than pure win32(64) apps.

Is this the real life or Is this just fantasy?

If LB migrate from .net to a pure win32 app (pure C++ or anything like it), there will be any benefits from that change?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Edited by AFaustini

From what I've heard Jason say before is that if he would switch to using c++ it would slow down development time immensely as the development isn't as easy as the c# .net stuff. I've been around here for awhile now (pre-Bigbox) and I've seen nothing but growth and improvement in the application so why he would reinvent the wheel instead of continuing down the path the application has been for years I don't know but it would probably mean the whole application would have to be rewritten to be in c++ which sounds like a million steps backwards to only have to get back to the same point your already at.

Yes, it's true that LaunchBox and Big Box require faster hardware because they're using newer technologies. But exactly, development would take twice as long for literally everything (or longer) had we chose to go more old school (and would also require a complete rewrite to go back to that). I am a firm believer, especially at this point, that it would be unwise to build this stuff in C++ this day and age. Microsoft uses .NET even for operating system stuff these days.

• Like 1