LaunchBox Community Forums

D-Fend Reloaded + Launchbox

5thWolf

I have always been using D-Fend Reloaded before I discovered Launchbox. I really don't want to go through the process of installing all my games again. My questions is, there a way to launch my games through launchbox using d-fend as the emulator and the programs profiles to launch a game?

I have zero knowledge of D-Fend or how it functions but if you can create shortcut files that just straight up load the game you can import those shortcut files into Launchbox and have them run. Also if D-Fend supports some sort of command line you can possibly use it as an "emulator".

To import and use shortcut files like with PC games the easiest way is to import the shortcut file and when it asks for an emulator just pick any emulator you want from the list of emulators you have in LB. It doesn't matter which emulator you pick because after the import process you are going to right click the game in LB and edit, then go to the emulation tab and uncheck the "Use an emulator to play this game" box.590f749603418_2017-05-0715_24_02-EditGame.thumb.png.5468b23bcd3291387af0255a06e32a29.png

If you have a bunch of shortfiles you can save time by bulk importing your shortcut files and picking any emulator from the list. Then after they are all imported you can select all the games and edit bringing up the bulk edit wizard which you can then change the emulator to none.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Here I have another problem, D-Fend is able to run the games through the .conf files that it creates from each game inside a CONFIG folder on it. But this only works if I run using RocketLauncher, in LaunchBox it only opens the emulator and gives an error message that it was unable to find the file, probably this error must be due to the lack of a command to be added in the LaunchBox, but I don't know what it is. I tried to look at the RocketLauncher AHK file so I could see if I found something, but I didn't find anything.
can anybody help me?