LaunchBox Community Forums

Youtube Scraper Plugin - UPDATED!

srxz

Created an plugin to download videos from youtube, please let me know if there's any errors so I can try to fix it.

Compiled files: https://github.com/rodrigosiviero/launchbox_ytscraper/releases/download/0.0.5/YoutubeScraper-0.0.5.zip

Also submitted on Forum downloads here: Forum Downloads

Feel free to compile/hack yourself.

How it works:

1CuJ5BzV8J.thumb.gif.ba639a61bbc0b0c8b9a35aab7faedefc.gif64prJ3fhsv.thumb.gif.9f2bfdf3104114effe9cde004ffffeac.gif

Edited by srxz
  • Like 6

Just wanted to say thank you so much for creating this. I want all of my games to have an associated video and I usually download them manually via Youtube downloader and it's very time consuming. Thanks to Jason for enabling this feature and thanks again srxz for  creating this.

This is amazing, helps save so much time. I have a few suggestions that would be awesome if possible,

#1 - add a time adjuster to URL Scraper, for instance 'start the video at: / end the video at:' type of thing.

#2 - downloading progress bar so you can see when your downloads are finished, or a popup messages displaying that the downloads are done.

amazing plugin dude!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kiroscell said:

I second the progress bar that's all it really needs. At first, I had no idea if it  was working or not until I  checked the videos folder and saw videos being downloaded rapidly.

Progress bar it's a good idea, but since it's using external APIs not webclient method and it's asynchronous(This means it will download and let you navigate in launchbox, will not freeze the UI)  not sure if I can get the progress bar working.

What I can do is to show an Popup saying it will download overtime.

45 minutes ago, avaris said:

This is amazing, helps save so much time. I have a few suggestions that would be awesome if possible,

#1 - add a time adjuster to URL Scraper, for instance 'start the video at: / end the video at:' type of thing.

#2 - downloading progress bar so you can see when your downloads are finished, or a popup messages displaying that the downloads are done.

amazing plugin dude!

Trim the video is a great idea, I know how to do it, but i will have to rewrite a bunch of stuff, let's see if I can make it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...