LaunchBox Community Forums

Resolved - Letters & Numbers Added To Image Name - Informational

kmoney

I am not sure if this is a games database issue for @Vlansix or is it something @Jason Carr  needs to look at on how the images are downloaded but I have noticed it has been going on for a while now. When downloading some images from the database through LB a lot of images get a long character name added onto the image name. For example I downloaded a fanart background today for Baten Kaitos Origins and the image downloaded as 

(Baten Kaitos Origins.47b04652-3aa9-4721-8c9d-51030a0cd399-01.jpg) . This is just one example as a lot of images download like this with all these added characters. While LB still recognizes these images with these added characters,RocketLauncher does not in the fade and pause menus. Rocketlauncher is looking for the image to be named after the rom name or for instance (Baten Kaitos Origins-01) like is typically downloaded. 

Can this issue be corrected because if not I am going to have to manually erase all these extra charaters from the image name so they will show up in RocketLauncher?

Yeah I thought it was some kind of crc number but I am not sure if it is the intended behavior or not for it to be added on to the image name because the majority of the images I download do not have the extra characters added on to the image name. For instance today I downloaded about 600 images and only about 25 to 30 images had those extra characters added on. Also this issue has been going on way before Jason added the extra code to prevent duplicate images from being downloaded.

One thing I have noticed is it  happens to the majority of all multi disc games but it does happen to a few single cartridge or single disc games as well so I am hoping it is something that be corrected so I do not have to manually erase all those extra characters so RocketLauncher can pick it up. I guess we will wait to see what our master @Jason Carr has to say about it.:)

• Like 1

It's not a CRC check. It's something that's been happening for forever. It mostly has to do with Image duplication, hence why it's happening to multi disc games. You can rename the images, and remove the duplicates for those games if you want, or if they're merged properly in LB then you only need 1 image anyways. IF they're not merged, you could still do 1 image, and just name it after the game name. As long as you're using the Region field properly for Multi Disc games, then the name is technically the same, hence why it adds the extra strings to make sure the images can be downloaded properly. Even if it simply added -1, -2, -3 (which it does in some cases), it'll still throw RL off.

Its not downloading any duplicate images which is a good thing. I also do not have my multi disc games merged in LaunchBox either as I let RocketLauncher handle that so that could be throwing it off also, I'm not sure. Also wanted to point out @SentaiBrad that RL does pick up the images with -01,-02,-03 and etc. on the end of the file name. RL looks for the images named exactly after the rom name or the name that LB gives it with -01,-02 and etc. on the end of the name.

Hey guys, this happens strictly when there is more than one game in your collection with the same platform and title. You're seeing the game's ID being appended to the file name so LaunchBox knows that that particular image goes with that particular game.

• Like 1

• Vlansix changed the title to Resolved - Letters & Numbers Added To Image Name - Informational