LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Version 7.10 Beta 7 Problem (Solved)

Andrewnintendo

Hey everyone. So I recently updated to the latest beta release of Launchbox (Beta 7) and when Launchbox was initializing, it got stuck at "Caching Playlists", which was one of the new features Jason implemented for this beta I believe. It was stuck for well over 5 minutes and I couldn't close the program unless I used task manager to end the task. Afterward I tried relaunching it and that time it loaded, however it continues to get stuck the majority of times right at "Caching Playlists". It's also worth noting that I received an error stating that my metadata.xml file is corrupted and recommending me to re open Launchbox to avoid other issues. I've received this error twice now. So far Launchbox keeps getting stuck and occasionally I get the same error that my metadata.xml file is corrupted. Launchbox is a great front end, and I thank Jason for developing this awesome program and everyone else who contributes to the community. I just need help with this one issue. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the error:

Metadata.xml file is corrupted. Please try closing and restarting LaunchBox.

App: LaunchBox Version: 7.10-beta-7 Type: System.Exception Site: System.Data.DataSet () Source: Unbroken.LaunchBox

at () at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.get_DataSet() at () at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetPlatforms() at (String , Boolean ) at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetValidPlatformName(String name, Boolean officialOnly) at (PlaylistGame , Dictionary2& , Dictionary2& , Dictionary2& ) at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.PlaylistGame.GetGame(Dictionary2& platformFileNames, Dictionary2& platformTitles, Dictionary2& platformRoughTitles) at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Playlist.<>cDisplayClass156_0.<GetGamesManual>b5(PlaylistGame g) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator1.MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToListTSourceat Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Playlist.GetGamesManual(Boolean sort) at (Playlist , Boolean ) at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Playlist.GetGames(Boolean sort)

Best wishes.

IMG_2054.MOV

UPDATE: Jason fixed this problem for the new beta. It no longer gets stuck at caching playlists.

Thanks Jason :)

Edited by Andrewnintendo

Well, for now, I would suggest going back to Beta 6 if this keeps happening. Open up your LaunchBox/Updates folder, sort it by date, and install the second oldest exe over your current install. This will put you back a beta. Otherwise, the error's are sent automatically to Jason, so he should see it, but you should certainly post the error on the beta thread.

If they're beta specific, you could ask them here or the beta thread. Either works. As for the Metadata.xml, I don't know if LB will replace it automatically if it's corrupted. If it does, then I guess you don't need to (or you could just update it from the database if there is an update for your metadata file). If it doesn't replace it, then you could delete it, but downloading an update will also replace it.

Ok thanks for clarifying that. I deleted the .xml file and launchbox created a new one. The only real issue is launchbox getting stuck at "Caching Playlists". I hope this is fixed for future releases. Btw thanks for all the tutorials you make on YouTube. It has really helped me get all my emulators and roms working. Keep it up bro.

Ok so as I was going to download metadata and images for my roms, still using beta 7 since it loaded up this one time and didn't get stuck at "Caching Playlists" and when parsing emu movies, I get a message saying unable to log into emu movies. I paid for the year for emu movies and really like the videos and media they provide. My login credentials are both correct, I double checked like 5 times, I am conected to the internet, and yet I'm still receiving the message unable to login to emu movies. 

Edited by Andrewnintendo