LaunchBox Community Forums

Can anyone know about Acer Predator

Gamingworld

One of my friends has 27" version. It's a wonderful monitor but , with a price tag like that, probably there are some very good monitors out there for a fraction of the price. But if you have money to spend it on, let us envy you! :D

• Like 1

I Have a XB271HU (1440p, 165HZ, G sync). Paid it 800 euros.

It's a god damn good monitor. Image and navigation is so crisp, but the must have is the 165 refresh rate. It's so smooth you feel the game moved before you wanted it too.

For fast paced games like Overwatch, CSGO, or mobas, it's an excellent monitor. 1440p allows a crisp image without loosing much FPS like 4K. It's a perfect compromise. Couldn't recommend it more.

While I don't have any first hand experience with the Acer Predator it was a monitor I was considering before buying the Asus PG278Q. I would just say if you are wanting to buy it for emulation only it is a lot of money but if you are going to be using it for general PC gaming and maybe some production work and you are willing to spend the cash on it you won't be disappointed with it.

G-Sync is a wonderful thing for gaming but keep in mind you will be locking yourself into Nvidia graphics cards to take advantage of it. Not a bad thing necessarily, just something to keep in mind.