LaunchBox Community Forums

Saturn emulation - is it just crap

PowerCooker

1 minute ago, Lordmonkus said:

supported_extensions = "cue|toc|m3u|ccd|chd"

From the mednafen_saturn_libretro.info found in the \info folder of the Retroarch install folder.

yes i know now it doesnt suports mdf or mds files , but what i do about the games that loads into the saturn system screen how to bypass that screen ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2018 at 5:56 AM, kostas said:

what do i do when the game loads into saturn system screen?

On 2/27/2018 at 5:58 AM, kostas said:

yes i know now it doesnt suports mdf or mds files , but what i do about the games that loads into the saturn system screen how to bypass that screen ?

You can try a program called cdmage to try to fix the dump you got. Shining Force 3 was doing the same thing to me on beetle saturn core and I used cdmage to fix it and it now works.

• 4 years later...

All I know is I have the SSF_012_BETA_R4! This EMU IS FANTASTIC, I HAVE HAD THIS FOR  5 OR 6 YEARS AND HAVE MADE 100 games burned to cd's and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Like everything else I guess it depends on your PC. I have an E-Machines pc I bought back in 2010, it's had a few fixes but better now than then!  Dual core, 2.70ghz cpu it kicks ASS!!!!  It sounds like I was just lucky this EMU rocks for sure.You need all the bios, I can play us, pal, or Japan games!  I had the real SATURN  around 1995 and loved it for sure.  Try this EMU, I just tried the yabause for 64bit win10, FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GOOD LUCK. EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, I will try to help!!!!!

You necrod a 4 year old thread for SSF ?

Sure, SSF runs on a toaster but compared to Mednafen it's garbage, though to be fair it is better than Yabause and YabaSanshiro. But even Mednafen runs well on modest hardware, my old AMD 8350 which is a bad CPU for emulation runs Mednafen full speed.