LaunchBox Community Forums

How Config Retroarch with multiple cores

Odalmau

Hi. Sorry if this question has already been annswered

I like Retroarch for it shaders, but when emulating Arcade, the games uses differents cores.

Retroarch without Launchbox test a core after another, automatically, until the game starts.

Launchbox don't do that...

Launchbox just use the core defined in the configuration. My question is if you can put more than one core in the list of dll, 

defined in "associated platforms" of retroarch, and what would be the correct way of writing it to work.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Odalmau

to use different cores with RA for the same platform you need to make a 2nd instance of the emulator in LB you don't need to have 2 copies of the emulator just have 2 instances setup in LB using different settings and point the games that you want to use the 2nd core to the new emulator.

On 5/29/2017 at 9:52 AM, SentaiBrad said:

You don't need RL for that. Even if they were asking about that, RetroArch has per-core and per-game overrides that automatically load.

You could either put them in a new platform and create a new associated platform line, or what Derek said.

It was hard for me to understand what he was asking, I thought he wanted different shaders for one core.