LaunchBox Community Forums

Games Missing

djarthur78

Hi,

Fairly new to all this and having some problems with some ROMS.

I have all the NES and SNES Megaman game, but they arent showing up when i add those systems or when I run an audit.

Here is a screenshot of the names of my ROMS in the NES folder.

Any help would be appreciated!! :)

Thanks

megaman_nes.jpg

I suggest they don't be in zips, but that has nothing to do with them not being found. I am leaning more towards a potential LaunchBox settings problem. Is your platform named the default NES platform? If it's not at the default name, did you scrape it as the NES platform? In LaunchBox, edit the game not found and see if it's attached to the LaunchBox Games Database. You'll know if it is if there is a blue link in the top right. If it's not, it should say Search. The names and platforms need to match up as best as they can, but since the names are proper, I am thinking it's the platform.

I personally don't like any games in zips, and suggest users not to either. It will be better in the long run for most systems not to be, but it has zero bearing on import. As long as the names are correct. I couldn't tell you why they didn't get found in the initial import, but like I said you can edit the games and check to see if they're attached. If they're not, click Search and attach them to an entry.

OK, so I tried to add Mega Man 2 and it was laready there in the database (of course it would be for such a classic)

When i Scan for Added ROMS it didnt get picked up

So I re-imported the platform and they picked up.

So not sure why Scan for Added ROM's didnt pick them up?

But I have them in now. Thanks for any assistance

You need to edit the platform in Tools -> Manage Platforms, and tell LaunchBox where your games are. The game field needs the path to your games. By default LaunchBox doesn't assume where this is for various reasons, so it must be told where. This feature also has it's limitations. If you have a system where each game has multiple files, or save files are stored in with your roms (can happen with NES), then those will get imported on accident.

Edit: You also didn't need to re-import anything. Again, you can edit a single game and attach it to a Database ID manually.

• 1 year later...