LaunchBox Community Forums

Option To View Games That Are Not In Playlists Yet.

Robin55

Hi all. I am In the process of organizing EVERY Game in my collection into separate Genre Playlists. I was wondering if there is a way to see all games that are not in a playlist yet. For example when I am creating a Genre Playlist Any game that has a Genre tag is Easy enough to organize (though does require a lot of patience), however my library is very large and there are a lot of games that do not have a Genre tag (over a thousand) also as things change and games are added or removed or the genre tag in the database is updated etc, etc, It would be nice to have a simple view of games that are yet to be added to a playlist yet and it means it would be very easy to keep track of games with or without a Genre tag as they are added to playlists. Maybe there is a way of doing this already that I have not worked out?? If there isn't I think this would be a very handy option to have.

Yes I am aware of this but thank you, I just think it would be a nice feature, It's a way to be absolutely sure every game is in a playlist and as you added them to playlists they would disappear from the "no playlist" view. Its just a nice way of making sure games are where they should be when your dividing games up. I also imagine it would not be too hard for Jayson to implement. It would be nice to view games by Playlist in the main window.

I just tried this I made a playlist that auto populates from the genre and contains no value (so leave that empty) and it show with the rest of my other playlists, and shows all games with no genre, and since it auto populates, when you give a game a genre it should disappear from the no genre playlist.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

That's an interesting way of going about it, I hadn't considered it but I have over a thousand games with no Genre and editing every game like that would simply take too long.... I know you can do games in bulk but that requires knowing what every game genre is already without viewing the games video and another problem is if I try to bulk select a group of games using Ctrl and then add another game if I see the video and the added game is a different type of game and I want to remove it from being selected there is no way of unselecting that one game from the others, (This is a problem I often have in Launchbox, is there something I can do about this? just clicking on the game again with Ctrl held down does not work).That would be my main problem with your method. I cant unselect a game in bulk and doing them one by one would simply take too long, It's hard enough just going through the games with no Genre in BigBox one by one and adding them to playlists!

I would still love a "no playlist" view though I think it would be a more streamlined way of organizing playlists and I think I would be more confident that absolutely every game is sorted. That been said your way will come in handy in the future all the same and I might put games in playlists and then bulk change the Genre in the playlist XML with notepad++.

What system is this that most of your games don't have a genre? If it's a more popular one, most games should be covered on the LaunchBox Games Database. Otherwise, this is a perfect feature request, and I think it's unique. Click Issues/Requests at the top of the forums and request it there. Don't forget to vote on your own ticket.

It's mostly PlayStation 1 and 2 games I don't have a Genre for ( I have the entire library for both), I scraped the meta data again for these earlier and it did not make much of a difference. Thanks Sentaibrad I will do that.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, Levo_Stone said:

To be honest I don't really like most of the Genre tags LaunchBox assigns to games anyway. But that's just me, I am very strict about what a game should be tagged as.

I might be wrong but I also think there are more "genre" options in Launchbox itself then when adding a game to the database.

44 minutes ago, Levo_Stone said:

heelsinc, not that I can see.....

Hmmm ok I could have sworn I saw a ton more for example I think I saw wrestling as an option when I went to edit a game through launchbox and dont think its an option on the database.

yes you can manually edit each game genre and in bulk as discussed earlier in this post, but to do what has become now 2000 games would take forever and the main problem with launchbox is the inability to deselect a game when selecting them in bulk as I have to see the video for each one to get an idea of what genre it is.