LaunchBox Community Forums

Audit ROMs to see which are missing?

angelobodetti

HI All,

Anyone know of a quick program that will essentially look at my roms folder and tell me what games i am missing? I found a few tools that do this for Hyperspin but they all require the hyperspin folder structure to work right.

I basically want to load an xml then point it to my roms folder and have it tell me what i am missing.

Exactly what rocketlauncher does when you audit roms - but again, it requires the hyperspin folder structure.

I found one program that takes the hyperspin xml and matches your roms to then spit out a missing list - but it isn't working

3 hours ago, angelobodetti said:

HI All,

Anyone know of a quick program that will essentially look at my roms folder and tell me what games i am missing? I found a few tools that do this for Hyperspin but they all require the hyperspin folder structure to work right.

I basically want to load an xml then point it to my roms folder and have it tell me what i am missing.

Exactly what rocketlauncher does when you audit roms - but again, it requires the hyperspin folder structure.

I found one program that takes the hyperspin xml and matches your roms to then spit out a missing list - but it isn't working

Ya might wanna just grab Gigapig's HyperSpin install. Everything is setup already.

Thanks - i don't want hypersin. I just want to be able to know what roms i am missing. Hyperspin has tools that like but they dont work outside of hypersin.

So does anyone know of a tool that could match a hyperspin xml to the actual roms in a folder and tell me what games are missing? Or any other method to see what roms i am missing per platform?

I suggested this get added as something on the audit roms feature with in launchbox.  The feature is great for looking at what images you are missing and stuff but should also tell us if we have a rom that isn't in the Launchbox games database so we can add it or if a game is in the Database that we don't have.  I don't think the Database is complete as of right now so it would be completely useable yet anyway. 

• 2 years later...

I realize this is an old topic however. I'm new to Launchbox,  I am transitioning away from Hyperspin.  I do like having a list of games then checking my collection against it like with HyperList.

I created an app for Hyperspin to check my roms, images etc. So I was looking for the same in Launchbox.

Here is a little app i use, it simply checks your rom folder against the Hyperlist to see what you're missing.  If there are other similar databases i.e. xml source out there let me know.  You'' need to supply your own Hyperlsit files to use this.

You can download it HERE.  Its only 1 file nothing to Install need just run and select your folder, enter the ROM extension i.e "zip", "cue"etc with no ".".  You can export the results to a text file for import into Excel etc. 

You do need to have Microsoft .NET framework installed for this to work.  if you need it you can download from Microsoft Framework

It is pretty basic just simply tells you what games listed in the database you are missing.  It will also compare your ROMS folder to the database and tell you ROMs that do not have a match in the database, i.e. called orphans.  Typically this is caused by the files not being named correctly.  The ROM files have to match the database name exactly.  I have a "match" function that will rename a ROM to match the database as well.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 11:03 AM, MotoGP said:

I realize this is an old topic however. I'm new to Launchbox,  I am transitioning away from Hyperspin.  I do like having a list of games then checking my collection against it like with HyperList.

I created an app for Hyperspin to check my roms, images etc. So I was looking for the same in Launchbox.

Here is a little app i use, it simply checks your rom folder against the Hyperlist to see what you're missing.  If there are other similar databases i.e. xml source out there let me know.  You'' need to supply your own Hyperlsit files to use this.

You can download it HERE.  Its only 1 file nothing to Install need just run and select your folder, enter the ROM extension i.e "zip", "cue"etc with no ".".  You can export the results to a text file for import into Excel etc. 

You do need to have Microsoft .NET framework installed for this to work.  if you need it you can download from Microsoft Framework

It is pretty basic just simply tells you what games listed in the database you are missing.  It will also compare your ROMS folder to the database and tell you ROMs that do not have a match in the database, i.e. called orphans.  Typically this is caused by the files not being named correctly.  The ROM files have to match the database name exactly.  I have a "match" function that will rename a ROM to match the database as well.

Is this no longer available? Would you be able to re-upload it?