LaunchBox Community Forums

Retro-Arch Controls

johnnyskullhead

Open up a NeoGeo game, doesn't matter which one. Press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the Retroarch GUI, go to Quick Menu then Controls. Scroll a little til you see on the left "User 1 Button A" and so on. The left column is the actual NeoGeo controls and the right column is your controller buttons. Go to each button and push left or right on the d-pad til you got your buttons the way you want. Once you have the buttons the way you want scroll back up and little and look for "Save Core Remap File".

Everything should be good now. Should.

You could use this to update retroarch, it's what i use and works really well.

It will update to stable or nightlies, your choice, it will also update cores if there is a newer version and there is also a option to just download the redist if you need that as well.

Open up a NeoGeo game, doesn't matter which one. Press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the Retroarch GUI, go to Quick Menu then Controls. Scroll a little til you see on the left "User 1 Button A" and so on. The left column is the actual NeoGeo controls and the right column is your controller buttons. Go to each button and push left or right on the d-pad til you got your buttons the way you want. Once you have the buttons the way you want scroll back up and little and look for "Save Core Remap File".

21 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Hi Mate tried above

downloaded 1.60 runs ok

when i press F1

cant even find controls in quick menu

can find input but its just confusing you cant scroll left right and if u press certain buttons to program it drops out of menu or sticks i a loop everytime you press

really sorry cant get it to work

4 minutes ago, johnnyskullhead said:

Hi Mate tried above

downloaded 1.60 runs ok

when i press F1

can find input but its just confusing you cant scroll left right and if u press certain buttons to program it drops out of menu or sticks i a loop everytime you press

tried another format and it worked

so look like emu needs work

1 hour ago, johnnyskullhead said:

Hi Mate tried above

downloaded 1.60 runs ok

when i press F1

What core are you using for neo geo?

EDIT: Never mind @lordmonkus was a fraction of a second quicker than me. :0