LaunchBox Community Forums

Log of played games?

FingerCramp

If you are referring to documentation on Launchbox there is none outside of the forums and Youtube channel. While it would be nice to have some form of documentation it would be a full time job keeping it updated with how fast Jason adds new stuff to it. We also have the Discord channel where many of us hang out and shit and help each other out.

As for logs, no, there are no logs of what has been played but in BigBox you can see the "most recently played" for each platform.

I think Jason does want to expand the capabilities in that area, to be fair, he wants to expand everything. xD So, I guess I really don't need to mention it, but yea, he's always thinking of new and better stuff. If you'd like to request better game tracking, then I know for a fact there is at least 1 or 2 tickets for it in the BitBucket. Click Issues/Requests at the top, make a quick search and vote on the ticket. If it doesn't exist, feel free to make it, but I am fairly certain it does exist. The only tracking that we probably wont implement is time spent on each game. We might be able to do time spent on a single system, but even that could get wildly inaccurate fast, which is our primary reason for not being able to do it now; we don't have a good way to implement hours logged. As for something like a History, or other features that I can't think of, they're all probably good ideas.