LaunchBox Community Forums

Hide All signs of Windows 10 for my Arcade Cab ?

liamb2001

Im trying to make my windows 10 boot from my SSD load straight into windows and then into black box

Ive managed to disable any part of the initial windows boot screen which now boots from bios to a black screen which im happy with

IVe disabled the windows 10 login screen telling it to bypass which all works great except during loading into windows it still shows my Username "ARCADE" and the profile pic.

Does anyone know how i disable this at all ?? i have been stuck trying (broken and recovered my OS) for around 3 hours now :(

Edited by liamb2001

tried that one thanks. All these guides that se this netplwiz method do the same thing, they allow you to not have to enter your password but rather frustratingly you still see the member login screen appear for a second before which completely ruins that fluid arcade boot im trying to get with windows hidden as much as possible :(

Well according to this you can change the login screen background so could you just make the background image something that would blend in with your arcade build
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/change-the-windows-10-login-screen-background-to-a-solid-color/

I mean its not what your looking for per say but if you found an image you liked it might work. You could even find multiple images and use the slide show option if you wanted.

Edited by DOS76

55 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Well according to this you can change the login screen background so could you just make the background image something that would blend in with your arcade build
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/change-the-windows-10-login-screen-background-to-a-solid-color/

I mean its not what your looking for per say but if you found an image you liked it might work. You could even find multiple images and use the slide show option if you wanted.

Thats as far as i got, i have my custom bios boot screen then i have an arcade style login background with an arcade stlye login icon that you only see for a very short time that then boots my custom batch file ive created that launches my video intro screen wich hides my other programs that bootup in the background while its playing... its all pretty seamless and to the standard person it looks like im not running windows.

Here is a a video of it in action ( after the videos intro) bear in mind this video is a pretty old setup and i have fine tuned it more since

And here is one i did for a fight cab for a mate, altho i think i used windows 7, could have still done with a bit more work but he was happy, apologies for the average recording 

Edited by Mute64

On 7/19/2017 at 6:51 PM, letstalkaboutdune said:

Here's a tutorial I have saved for when I finally build my arcade cab: Comprehensive guide to hiding Windows 10 complete for arcade cabinets

ok ill point out none of these really hide the logging in process. I did actually follow this yt video with bcedit its how i got my pc to boot up with a black screen but you still see a brief login as it logs in.

I ended up putting a pacman character as my aavatar pic and renaming my profile "ARCADE BOOTING..." does the job. i dont think its possible to compltley remove it unfortunatley.

Edited by liamb2001

4 hours ago, liamb2001 said:

ok ill point out none of these really hide the logging in process. I did actually follow this yt video with bcedit its how i got my pc to boot up with a black screen but you still see a brief login as it logs in.

I ended up putting a pacman character as my aavatar pic and renaming my profile "ARCADE BOOTING..." does the job. i dont think its possible to compltley remove it unfortunatley.

Yea i do believe it is much harder to hide stuff like that on Win 10... you might have more luck on win 7 tho?

Edit: Haven't been home yet to share the video/batch file.. ill do it ronight probably tho.

Edited by Mute64

9 hours ago, liamb2001 said:

Sorry the info I linked wasn't helpful. Are you running Windows 10 Enterprise? I think that version is needed for this to work.

On 20/07/2017 at 7:24 AM, Kevin_Flynn said:

@Mute64 ... jelly. Any chance you are willing to share that intro and/or the batch to run the video in front?

There's the intro, its not my work like i have stated in the description.

Edit: here is another intro that i have tweaked from its original source, original file is not my work i have just added my own touch to it. 

Edited by Mute64

• 3 years later...
On 7/21/2017 at 11:02 PM, Mute64 said:

There's the intro, its not my work like i have stated in the description.

Edit: here is another intro that i have tweaked from its original source, original file is not my work i have just added my own touch to it. 

Love this video anywhere I can download it for my cabinet build ? 

• 9 months later...
On 7/21/2017 at 2:02 AM, letstalkaboutdune said:

Sorry the info I linked wasn't helpful. Are you running Windows 10 Enterprise? I think that version is needed for this to work.

Posting here for posterity. I always forget how to do this. Highlighting this quote too because it is crucial - the method only works on Enterprise.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there NO Windows 10 pro guide for hiding windows?
All the posts or vids I see areno help. I am not wiping my win10 pro that is all up and running to be able to hide windows 10 pro. There ust be a way to do it?

I know this post is old. Hoping there is new info

Edited by safesinger