LaunchBox Community Forums

Does launchbox pull artwork from mame folders as well as online?

djbucksta

5 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

It does not. You can edit you arcade platforms folder locations and use the MAME folders by going to manage platforms selecting MAME and editing the locations in the folders tab.

thanks for your response, I have the Roms in their own Roms folder,  if I download a batch of Mame images and video clips, what is the easiest way to implement these straight into launchbox?  is there a simple drag and drop approach into the launchbox images and video folders respectively or will I need to mess about with the file structures?   

edit:   also can I just leave them named as per the mame roms?  

Edited by djbucksta

you can simply just copy them into the appropriate folder in LB so say if you had marquees from some where else you could just paste them in the Launchbox\Images\Arcade\Marquees folder and when you opened LB the next time the marquees would be available.

• Like 1

Thanks guys :) 

two more questions sorry,  

if launchbox has already downloaded screenshots/flyeres etc online, and I drop another into the folder, would it just use the first one it finds?     presumably the LB file will be named after the game and the mame file will be named after the rom. 

what effect will the regional subfolders (eg. asia/europe)_ have on this?  can i just drop the mame ones into the main folder?

I believe if you have to of the same flyer it may some time randomly show different ones but not 100 on that. media can be named after either the rom or the title and it will match in LB.

Edited by DOS76
  • Like 1

Yeah I can't speak to what launchbox will do in that scenario. Only because launchbox appends the media name as romname - 01. I know that if you have two files romname - 01 and romname - 02, it will pull one or the other randomly. You could use Bulk Rename Utility to easily append the file names in that folder with a - 02 before you copy to be safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

As far as regional folders.... I'm actually not sure about that either. I suspect lb might even check there first for regional titles but since the region isn't in the filename, I'm willing to be putting the artwork in any of those folders will work.

• Like 1

Edit, I should amend that launchbox has a "clean artwork folders" option. I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't run that if I had something wonky with the regional folders. I actually pull the art I find in those folders into the main and delete them, but they always come back. :D

• Like 1

thanks guys - I ended up just letting LB download the artwork, and dropped the mame videoclips into a \LaunchBox\Videos\Arcade\Theme\videosnaps\ folder which work fine with the file names as the ROM name.

Edited by djbucksta
  • Like 1