LaunchBox Community Forums

Help accessing keyboard during gameplay

Mr.Laor

Hey Folks,

Recently made the big switch to PC for my media center. Signed up for the annual license (for now) and am loving Launchbox.

After tinkering, I was able to set up Retroarch, import SNES games, and get my dualshock 4 set up, but I still have a few issues I can't seem to figure out:

Once Retroarch starts a game, I can no longer use my keyboard except for alt-delete.I want to use the controller strictly for in game  controls and use my keyboard for certain shortcuts. For example, I'd like to be able to use my keyboard to:

A) back out of a game and go back to Launchbox

B) save states and load states

C) try shaders.

Any help would be appreciated.

A) You can use controller automation in launchbox and bigbox to exit the emulators (they need to be setup separately). You set a hold button, then the button to close the game. 

B) Retroarch can bring up the GUI with a button combo also, you can set this in the input options. You can also set a hotkey here and set load and save states to a button combo also. If you just want to use a keyboard though F1 brings up the GUI also. But i would reccomend a controller combo so no keyboard is needed.

C) that is done through the Retroarch GUI also, once you have a combo or keyboard button setup.

• Like 1