LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch Beetle PSX HW and LaunchBox

maclem8223

51 minutes ago, isamu said:

Hi neil. I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I'm having the same problem and for the life of me, can't get LB to launch my Saturn games with the Mednafen core. I saw your suggestion to add the "hw" to the command line, but I don't understand.....where exactly do you add this line? I tried adding it next to the "-f" under the "Extra Command-Line Parameters" column, but nothing happens and the game won't launch. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm desperately trying to get LB to launch RA with this darn Mednafen(Beetle) core.

The mednafen_psx_hw_libretro.dll core is for Sony Playstation, not Sega Saturn.

For Sega Saturn you want an associated platform line for Saturn like this:

image.png

1 hour ago, isamu said:

Hi neil. I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I'm having the same problem and for the life of me, can't get LB to launch my Saturn games with the Mednafen core. I saw your suggestion to add the "hw" to the command line, but I don't understand.....where exactly do you add this line? I tried adding it next to the "-f" under the "Extra Command-Line Parameters" column, but nothing happens and the game won't launch. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm desperately trying to get LB to launch RA with this darn Mednafen(Beetle) core.

That information is outdated and incorrect these days. You just need to go to Tools>Manage>Manage Emulators>Retroarch>Associated Platforms tab, find Sega Saturn in the list, double click the core and pick another one from the dropdown (mednafen is actually called Beetle in the Retrarch UI) Saturn will also require bios if you don't have that?

5 hours ago, isamu said:

After making sure your games work on Retroarch without Launchbox, go to Launchbox's Menu -> Tools -> Manage... -> Emulators -> Retroarch -> Associated Platforms

On Sega Saturn click the core column and select the Saturn's Mednafen core (mednafen_saturn_libretro).

It should look like this:

947897446_2022-09-15(1).thumb.png.fb07d3500ab61866e5b095e3fdfeeed6.png

Edited by Suhrvivor

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

That information is outdated and incorrect these days. You just need to go to Tools>Manage>Manage Emulators>Retroarch>Associated Platforms tab, find Sega Saturn in the list, double click the core and pick another one from the dropdown (mednafen is actually called Beetle in the Retrarch UI) Saturn will also require bios if you don't have that?

guys, I am the idiot of all idiots! it's been so long since I used retroarch, I completely forgot to put my bios files in the system folder!

<Insert loser theme from the Price is Right here>

Sorry for wasting your time guys, I got it working now, thanks :)