LaunchBox Community Forums

What I do for multi disc games - bad idea or not?

airbikecop

I'm talking about systems like the Sony Playstation and Sega Saturn and not systems like the PC or Amiga. For these systems I use Mednafen or the Retroarch port. I keep my ISO images in a folder for each system and a sub-directory with my games on multiple discs and use the .m3u file I have created with the emulator or Launchbox when I import them and swap normally in the emulator.

Some games on multiple discs I don't do this like the Command and Conquer games as one disc will have the GDI campaign and another the NOD campaign, Resident Evil 2 and Rival Schools as a few examples

I have each disc separated into a different 7zip file. when you add them to LB or after, you can merge them into one game, then by right clicking on LB you can select what disc you launch, in BB there is an option show which disc to launch in the game details window.

I import multi disc games and let LB combine them. Then I change the path of the first disc to an m3u file I created. That way I still get the ability to swap discs in RetroArch, but I also get the option of selecting discs in LB/BB. I also change the names of each disc under "Additional Apps" so that they say Disc 1, Disc 2, ect.Untitled-1.thumb.png.32a531735b36e37b2adb0412e2d77c55.png

Edited by Omen
  • Like 1

Creating and importing the m3u files is the classiest you can do with PS right now. Import the rest as cue. For other systems with multiple disks, you can let launchbox combine games with the same name as a single game. I'm not actually sure how to swap disks on the fly for other systems though. I know Rocketlauncher lets you do it for pretty much any system.