LaunchBox Community Forums

Star Wars arcade cabinet

trellos

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/5/2018 at 4:04 PM, trellos said:

Could someone help me? I need a good image for my bezel (star wars theme) in order to print it and stick it to the glass.

If you're still looking for some help with a bezel image then I'm more than willing to give it a go at making one for you, I just need the exact measurements for the inner and outer dimensions of your bezel. 

I live in the USA so it's so weird seeing the controls swapped like that but to me it's funny because I always used to cross my arms while playing so that my left hand was doing the buttons and right doing the stick. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 8:41 PM, voicesinthedark said:

If you're still looking for some help with a bezel image then I'm more than willing to give it a go at making one for you, I just need the exact measurements for the inner and outer dimensions of your bezel. 

I live in the USA so it's so weird seeing the controls swapped like that but to me it's funny because I always used to cross my arms while playing so that my left hand was doing the buttons and right doing the stick. 

Thank you very much , I’ll sent you the dimensions of my bezel ,I am thinking that it would be great to have an image instead of the black paint.Thank you very much!!

7 hours ago, trellos said:

Thank you very much , I’ll sent you the dimensions of my bezel ,I am thinking that it would be great to have an image instead of the black paint.Thank you very much!!

Yeah no problem. I'm assuming from the artwork you already have on your cab that you want something that's based on the original trilogy only?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trellos said:

The controls here in Greece used to be like this ,I don’t know why but it really helps me cause iam lefthander.

Actually since we last talked I found out why the control layout is different. For the control panels that didn't have ambidextrous controls the stick was originally on the right and the buttons on the left. Players actually started getting too good at the games and many didn't have a way to increase the difficulty, so they did it artificially by reversing the controls to make it harder for right handed people and profits went back up. It became such a requested customization from arcade operators that it eventually became the standard in many places around the world. 

On 6/19/2018 at 8:41 PM, voicesinthedark said:

The dimensions of the glass are : Height 50cm Width 60cm and the inner screen where I play is 31 Height and 42,5 width.

please tell me if you want something else.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 8:41 AM, trellos said:

The dimensions of the glass are : Height 50cm Width 60cm and the inner screen where I play is 31 Height and 42,5 width.

please tell me if you want something else.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to this. I have one done so far but I'm going to make a few variants and then you can tell me which one you like best along with any changes, etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, voicesinthedark said:

Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to this. I have one done so far but I'm going to make a few variants and then you can tell me which one you like best along with any changes, etc.

Thank you very much ,I appreciate what you are doing ,so take your time.