LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing/Scraping Multiple Platforms at once?

natemac00

So I just made the jump over here from GameEX. I loved the front-end but the UI just didn't update well, so hello!

I've begun importing my ROMs and was wondering if I could queue a handful of system to scan say over night. It seems that I can not add a new set of ROMs till the past one is done scanning.
Am I able to import the info (for example) Sega 32X, NES, Playstation, of where all these ROM are located, then set LaunchBox to start scanning all new ROMs?

Thanks for the help and can't wait to get creating!

5 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

1st off welcome to the community. Unfortunately at the current time there is no import queue and you are stuck adding systems one at a time to request changes check out the BitBucket link at the top of the site

Thanks for the reply, it's probably only an issue the first time :)

Is the a tutorial for what to backup if I wanted to do a clean install of the software, so that I wouldn't need to re-download all the Image and video assets on a fresh install?

5 minutes ago, natemac00 said:

Thanks for the reply, it's probably only an issue the first time :)

Is the a tutorial for what to backup if I wanted to do a clean install of the software, so that I wouldn't need to re-download all the Image and video assets on a fresh install?

You can just reinstall over the top of a existing install, it won't effect any of your folders just the program files themselves.

• 1 year later...

If you copied the folder structure and only put one rom in each folder, it wouldn't take that long to scrape. Then, you could copy over all your roms and search for updates for all platforms. It should do everything at once. 

There doesn't really need to be a queue, it could be as simple as letting you specify the folder per console (importing nothing) and then "searching for updates" after. 

This may have been fixed by now, I haven't done it a long time.